30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Amazing Record 42 KM Range Test Full Video - SIYI HM30 Full HD Image Transmission System - YouTube this is from siyi

SIYI HM30 HD FPV System - 21kms and counting! - YouTube this is more independent review from AngleRC

Yes, manufacturer make all kinds of claims and they all fail.

Has anyone from the community performed any testing yet to verify?

I am tired of wasting money on all these systems so far. none work to spec unless you leave the earth and do testing in space :slight_smile:

Something around this type of test results. Very detailed and it helps.

The AngelRC videos seem for real. You will need a AAT and high db directional antennas to get long range

Im from 5 years ago when we didnt even have hd. Long range is still touch and go as its very new tech. Youre range will directly relate to your effort …as we are talking 40kms range here …if you want plug and play …stick with walksnail and dji…anything above ten km s is a very long way away so you wont be disapointed.

Hello we are testing the system in 2 months from now with a weather ballon and i will post the whole video . I have all antennas sorted out and also ATT lets see if we make it

Would love to see your test results. Thanks!

In US, BVLOS testing is a nightmare, requires so many clearances from FAA etc. extremely time consuming and expensive.

Can anyone help me to find the 3d files for this setup i want to print the brackets ?

Yes. I got these files from ARXangelRC (Thanks)

Crossbow-Mini-Ground-Unit-mount.stl (88.9 KB)
17db-antenna-mount.stl (60.0 KB)
Camera-box.stl (24.9 KB)
HD-antenna-mount.stl (81.8 KB)

You will need to print a mirror of the 17db mount

2 Likes

Ground station led indicator error code.
Blue, than twice yellow, what does that mean? I haven’t found that in manual

Do you use Bluetooth?

Here from user guide the LED color legend of the ground unit:

Hello almost done now i need help to connect gimble camera can you help me please with the wires ?

Any diagrams that can help out manual is very confusing

It could be something wrong with the Bluetooth module. Please send an email for A/S service to support@siyi.biz

For video over Ethernet, you connect RX- of the camera to RX- of the HM30 air unit, RX+ to RX+, TX- to TX- and TX+ to TX+:

grafik

Make sure HDMI Latency Mode of A8 mini is set to normal, as other settings (low latency and lowest latency) do not output video over Ethernet.

In addition, you supply power (ca. 15 VDC or 4S Li-battery) to the A8 mini via it’s power port:
grafik

This should already give you video via HM30.

To control the gimbal, you have some options. For S.BUS, just hook up S.BUS line and GND lines between the A8 mini (S.BUS IN) and HM30 air unit (S.BUS):

grafik

In case you are using ArduPilot, you can even more cooler control the gimbal via ArduPilot (via UART/Serial). In this case you do not connect the S.BUS line, but the UART line of the gimbal to your flight controller. See for more: SIYI ZR10, ZR30 and A8 Gimbals — Plane documentation (need to use SERIALx_PROTOCOL 8, SERIALx_BAUD 115 and MNT1_TYPE 8):

I have done it is it ok if i power everything from the same source ?

Also this is where i conected the rx tx to control the gimble is that correct?

Powering HM30 air unit, PixHawk and A8 mini from the same battery is no problem. But your pic shows a 3S battery, the A8 mini needs 4S. Your 3S battery will not have enough voltage for A8 mini (see https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19Hs92ClHiRWIjE9xS32Y6GToXNvGveLO page 10/PDF page 15):

grafik

Any telemetry or serial port on your PixHawk should be OK, so yes. But do NOT connect the positive power rail of that port to the camera, only GND, TX and RX.

I’m not using bluetooth, your info from pdf file and doesn’t contain blue than twice yellow.

Ok so if i buy a 4s 14v battery i can power everything form this battery Pixhauk camera and transmitter correct ? Any recommendations for the battery?

Why is this more cooler?

Assuming your Pixhawk power module ( Common Power Module — Copter documentation ) can also handle 4S, yes. What battery you should get really depends on the model you are putting it in.

See here for some inspiration what you can do in addition to std. manual control of pan, yaw and zoom of a camera gimbal: Cameras and Gimbals — Plane documentation and Gimbal / Mount Controls — Plane documentation