30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

At the other hand @lorbass, you might be better of if d(istance) is ~ 40Km or less. You still are in LOS

Thank you very much.
I bought it from an Ail. store, but yesterday there was a tracking update.
It seems that it is shipping.
I’ll take a look.

Hi
I plan to mod the Siyi Ipcam, anyone know about the input voltage if it has to be exact 12v or it can be lower?

Please make it exact 12V

We have mistakenly connected a 6S Li-Po Battery to the ground unit of HM30 and one of the components was burnt or exploded (marked in the image)

We would like to order many more from the same type but before that we need to test the range and speed of the system. Could you please share the spec of the distorted component so that we can fix it and test its capability?

Thank you

@erdem_kok Thanks for your post and thank you for using SIYI products.

Your reported damage on HM30 ground unit have been reported to the repair engineer and the production team earlier with given pictures. They reponse like if this unit was sent back to SIYI, the only way we will do is to replace the board, because usually the whole circuit is burnt instead of just the marked components.

So, as I can suggest, the quickiest way is to get a new set.

Best regards,
Frank

Thanks but we have not got enough time .
İf you share this components name or their values we can repair this unit
Could you help me please ?

The 8-pin IC is Richtek RT8279 step-down converter and the diode pads highlighted are not populated on mine.

Although you might fight a lost cause here, as as Frank wrote, there might be much more broken that you cannot visibly immediately identify as defective.

I wonder though why the RT8279 has burned for you with 6S battery, as it can, according to datasheet, take up to 36V input (not that I herewith would encourage to go out of specs what Siyi says for HM30 GU operating voltage, as other parts in the circuit might be less capable). By reading the RT8279 datasheet and looking at the recommended inductor values, I wonder if the chosen 4.7 µH is optimal though:

Thanks for your kind help @Risto
I’ll confirm with the hardware engineer asap

@erdem_kok Let’s give it a try, but please note that even if the correct components model are provided and it was repaired, it is not the way SIYI suggests, it will still be risky to use the item after the repair. That’s why we always replace the board.

@Risto BTW, where do you see the 36V input information? The ground unit cannot take more than 16.8V according to the product specs.

I did not say that the HM30 GU should be operated outside of Siyi specs, which is 16.8V (4S) max for the supply voltage.

What I wondered is that the RT8279 was damaged for @erdem_kok where according to RT8279 datasheet, it is specified for normal operation up to 36V (40V for absolute maximum rating even). Here the snippets from the datasheet:

The GU-HDMI device has arrived safely.
I understand your concern.
Well, I unpacked it, but there is no manual etc. at all.
I can imagine the wiring.
I’d like to know how to set it up, but is there a site or manual somewhere?

See the PDF manual from page 65 at Siyi HM30 Google Drive: HM30 - Google Drive

Don’t forget to connect initially a USB mouse and change the language in the internal Android OS

As reported earlier, when ordering some parts together from SYIY Official Store, they charge
for each part the freight. Really unusal in the business and even expensive compared with other Chinese companies.
I wanted to order a HM30 and a 17db Patch Antenna. I do not need the Antenna now, perhaps later.
In this case, I do not order the Antenna, may be never.
And I think this reaction will happen also for others.

@lorbass Thanks for your attention.
Let me try to explain this in several points.

1. There are already individual links for all parts in the official store. The new links are with more reasonable shipping rate based on the actual packing weight/size of parts.

2. Even in the HM30 main link, the shipping rate is set like below

If you buy 3 items in the main link, the shipping weight is still 1kg.
    The standard box of HM30 FPV combo weighs 1 kg. The fly more combo weights around 1.2 kg but it will still be regarded as 1 kg.

3. The main link of each SIYI main model are listed with all necessary parts just to let customers know that they can have them as options. Add the parts into cart from their individual links should be a better idea.

Hi Frank, thanks for the extensiv help. Now I’m waiting for both parts. :wink:

By the way, this is my Test from yesterday with HM30. I would say, already “Midrange”

1 Like

Beautiful land
Beautiful and smooth OSD UI
I was worrying at the beginning that if the eagle was to take your wing…

Frank, are they going through a busy period right now? Been trying to find out if my replacement Air Unit has shipped yet but getting no response. I thought it could be that you may be located in the lockdown zone.

Thanks for your words. Me to, he had the same size.

Hi Mike, the replacing unit is already on the way to your seller. We just pushed on this. I think they will contact you soon. Please check with the seller as well. Thanks!