30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Could it be SKY85743 (5 GHz High-Power WLAN Front-End Module) as I find no chip in Skyworks named with 86743?
Can you post a picture?

you are correct.
it is sky85743.

Excuse my ignorance, but does this mean they use a wifi chip in monitor mode?

I think I read that SIYI is using a bidirectional link and both antennas are used for both rx and tx. So: only one antenna is fine for very low power. Second, the power amp needs to be bidirectional.

@SIYI do you know the default username/password for the web interface at http://192.168.144.12? I don’t see it anywhere in the docs.

@SIYI , Hi Frank,

I’ve attached a HDMI monitor to the GU HDMI out and get the following output on the monitor. The monitor is not touch screen and has no mouse or keyboard. It’s linked and bound to the ground unit and air unit. The IP camera is connected to the air unit. I would like to see the video on the HDMI monitor

With the GU-HDMI-OUT you also received a dual-USB cable? Attach temporarily a USB mouse there and go into settings (pull down from the top border) and pick SIYI FPV app as default launcher. On my GU-HDMI-OUT it was already correctly setup, I only had to change the language under settings from Chinese to English.

I Probably overlooked this page in the manual Risto. I hope they are looking at these posts in China as well :slight_smile:

It works, it works! Thanx

I guess you already received the replacement air unit?
jonesin for mine to arrive so I can join the fun.

Yep, two of them! They are binding and working!!
Now creating a HDMI converter on the airunit with a Raspberry Zero

Will be interesting to hear what latency you are able to get with the Raspberry Pi for the conversion.

Do you know if the latency with the SIYI Converter is longer than with the standard cam?
I would like to use my Gopro3 with a live HDMI Out.

According to the video here: Цифровая FPV система SIYI HM30. Обзор дополнений и полет. Часть 2 - YouTube especially the air side HDMI converter adds quite some delay, and the delay will be more significant at higher camera resolutions. You can look the video at YouTube with translated closed captions turned on.
In short full system latency with Siyi air side HDMI converter at 720p was around 250ms and with 1080p between 300 and 600ms (less with h264 codec and more with h265 codec).

The author of the video above suggests following converter instead: EXVIST H.265 1080P 60FPS Mini HDMI Video Encoder - EXVIST Official Store (although he provides no measurement data of it in his video).

Thanks for the complete info. The exvist converter seems to be verry versatile.
May be also difficult to configure.

Requested video of my unit’s failure to bind.
I cut out the long wait period but the result was always the same - “bind error”
Followed the manual’s steps after the units had warmed up, tried it right after powering up the air unit, and waiting a short period after power up.
AU voltage was 16V, GU fully charged.

That is the back stage for FPV firmware updating, which is not open as there is no available update.

Hi Jim, your replacing air unit is already on the way

1 Like

Sorry for the inconvenience, Mike.
According to the video, the air unit is the same issue that @champ8242 and @Jim_C encountered earlier. Please write to support@siyi.biz and let’s start a replacing process.
The ground unit is good.

FYI, the latest air unit HDMI converter is not exvist any more. And it is a little smaller.

In the image not clear to see. Has the HDMI Cable Micro or Mini Connectors?