30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

USB-C connection to Android SIYI FPV app can have both FPV and telemetry.
USB-C connection to Android QGC or other GCS can have either FPV or telemetry.

However, currently USB-C connection is not 100% compatible to all Android device. Looking forward to solve it in an future update.

Frustrated

Tried to update the firmware to see if that would help me get a bind and get an error message and no firmware loaded!
Tried every way I can think of but can’t get an upload to the receiver. The module and AU updated wo/problem.

@SIYI are you ever going to release a decent app suite to update your products with a click like every decent product out there or will keep having frustrated customers trying to find their way trough 3 different hardware, countless cables and firmware to download from your google drive?
What a pile of junk you are trying to make of your product.
I really can’t understand why you don’t see you have a problem with updates the way they are now.

I would suggest a Browser updater like Agent M. It just works.

Receiver = Air Unit

In your screenshot, the boot loader of the receiver shows 0.0.0 which means there is no connection of the air unit here. I assume that you are only connecting the ground unit to PC at this moment.

If you are to update the air unit, please connect the air unit to PC alone.

If both ground unit and air unit are already updated, please check if the firmware match and try to bind.

its 0.0.0 because I can’t bind the AU to the GU.

I’ve tried 0.107 and 0.1.8 on the GU and every firmware I could find for the AU
which is currently on 5.2.4

The AU light only flashes when the button is depressed if I press it right after applying power. Pressing the button has no effect after it has fully booted.

In your screenshot, the ground unit firmware is v0.1.7 and it is the latest.

Could you show us the current firmware version for the air unit with the same screenshot, please? You can connect the air unit alone to PC through the Type-C port on the air unit.

The Update Process is similar to DJI Lightbridge 1. But there the file is not downloaded in a directory. You can’t select an older version. And if the Service ist disconnected, like now with DJI for the Lightbridge, you are no longer able to load the firmware and the product is dead.

as reguested

How can I decrease Tx power of the hm30?
I plan to connect it with a 5.8ghz power amplifier which only has 20db max input.

Does the Siyi work with only 1 antenna?

Are you saying it is ok to update software like this in 2022? It looks like when we rooted phones 15 years ago

So, the air unit is also the latest firmware. But the system still don’t bind? Could you show us a video about the binding process you are trying to do, please?

There is no option to lower the transmitting power of the system.

If you just connect single antenna, the system will still work well.

Sorry, there is not much experience on our side with amplifier, we will appreciate it if someone else with experience can help answer. An easier solution is high-gain antennas.

I prefere to have control over the process. As oposed to e.g. the drone Fimi 2020. There by click Groundstation, Airstation and cam are updated. And then we can read a lot of lament in the Forum because issues. And no possibility to downgrade. Or like my Skydroid 10, easy to upgrade, but never
got to work after that again.
And to consider it is an inexpensive system compaired to others with similar functions.
e.g. DJI Lightbridge was 4 times costly.

I think that’s risky, I found this:
The antenna provides a load, absorbing the energy travelling down the transmission line from the power device to the antenna. If that energy is reflected, then for a well matched transmitter, it has the potential to double the voltage seen at the transmitting device. Depending on the length of the line, it might alternatively double the current, which usually isn’t as bad. So a transistor that’s already close to its limits could be pushed beyond them.
I forgot for a short time to mount the Antennas at my Airunit. After that I mouted it and then the Airunit died “slowly” (more and more broken connections within one houre and no binding possible anymore)

You are right. For the air unit, always keep dual antennas on board.

I think @jack_john want to detach one of the ground antennas to connect an amplifier. That will be ok.

There is nothing wrong updating the FW like this. Just describe the process well.
What I would suggest (change) is first check if the chosen FW is ok for the chip before erasing the old FW

Any try taking it apart to take a look what is the RF chipset used?
so we know exactly what is the spec of the HM30.

May be it is the rtl8812au, I guess.

The FCC filing does not reveal that part: https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2AZBB-HM30/5671650.pdf

took mine apart.
the inside look quite similar to the fcc document.
the ic is covered with black epoxy.
but we find the power amplifier ic which is Sky86743.