30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

I want to convert the LAN of the HM30’s ground station to HDMI and see the image on the monitor.
The only products sold by aliEx. siyi are the ones below,
Is this all right?

This is micro-hdmi input
Ethernet output
However,
Can’t the opposite be connected?
No other similar equipment was sold.
Actually,I have already bought this device. …

What you are looking for is the GU-HDMI-OUT (Ground unit output converter) box, you can find it in AliExpress in Siyi store as well: SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Radio System Transmitter Remote Control OLED Touchscreen 1080p 60fps 150ms FPV OSD 30KM|RC Airplanes| - AliExpress

There is no pic in AliExpress listing, but it looks like this:

And darn, that thing gets really hot during usage. Basically it is a mini-computer running Android and a special version of the Siyi FPV app that can do HDMI output.

There is a Allwinner A64 inside:

you can use a raspberry with gstreamer and 1 line of code instead of spending 200 dollars and have it shipped from overseas. Just get a 50 dollars raspberry on amazon and do it.

Something like:

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=‘rtsp://web_camera_ip’ ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! fbdevsink

It should work with headless raspberry too because uses framebuffer as sink.

2 Likes

thank you everyone.
By the way, I bought an MFD mini crossbow and am currently wiring it. Is this okay?

Crossbow # 1 to HM30 UART TX pin.
The rest is between grounds.
With this, it doesn’t seem to be linked at all.

1 Like

Tx on HM30 and Gnd are correct.
The pics does not show where the files are connected to the Print.
There contact 1 and 4 (Gnd) is correct.
Don’t forget to calibrate the compass when using an external GPS/Compass as discribed in
Appendix C of the tracker manual.

Of course, it works well.
But don’t worry, I also needed some days…

Another idea to check.
Did you set the Baud Rate in the Tracker and HM30 to the same value?

I adjusted the baud rate.
I have set up the crossbow and HM30, but it seems that they have not been opened yet.
I don’t know what’s wrong.
As you can see in the picture, it seems that the U3RX data of the tracker has come.
Is it still necessary to set PIXHAWK?

What should I have to prepare materials to show what is wrong with me?

What do you mean with “set” Pixhawk?
The tracker needs the Telemetry data stream.
Air Unit and Flight Controller must be powered. The GPS at the Vehicle must receive Sats.
I sat the BaudRate for Telemetry in the FlightController, the Tracker (AAT) and the HM30 to 56 200.

Can you see the telemetry data on your Phone or Tablet like here with the MP for Android?:

You probably mean 57600 baud (not 56200), which is a very common baud rate for MAVLink stream.

Yes, of course, thanks for the tip.

Hi,
It might be me but can’t get it to work
New out of the box, the bind didnt work :frowning: so I tought reflash!
Ground unit flashed OK and is running again (after finding the right file).
As for the Air unit, I found the firmware (I think) MK15_MK15E_HM30_AU_RF_FW_(GD)_v3.2.3_2021-11-08.bin but this one is the wrong Firmware SIYI Assistant reports.
What file in the Google Drive is the right one?
The directory and file structure and naming is not really clear, or is it just me

Thanx

Bart

As I understood it, there are 3 hardware versions of the HM30 Air Unit, each using a different microcontroller. The options are ST, GD and N32 microcontrollers. Which unit you have, you should see with SIYI Assistant in the bootloader field. First digit 0 = ST, 3 = GD and 5 = N32. You then pick the correct air unit folder from RF Firmware - Google Drive

Why are there 3 hardware versions? Are some better?

Also, I have been waiting on a response from @SIYI about my detailed range test documentation for a while now. I’m slowly losing hope that I’ll be able to achieve 35km+ of video / telemetry with this SIYI HM30 and moving to TBS/1.2ghz video.

There are 3 hardware versions because there have been 3 different MCU chip used in history. Ground unit and air unit with different hardware can bind and work. Each hardware has their own firmware version. So we need to match the bootloader version with the firmware version before update.

For your 35km+ purpose, the only suggestion now is to try higher altitude and higher gain antenna.

Does QGC work?
It could be the flight controller firmware compatibility issue.

Yes if I connect to QCS it work normally.

> What do you mean with “set” Pixhawk?

In the crossbow instruction manual,
”Crossbow AAT needs both these 2 MAVLink messages to track.
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GPS_RAW_INT
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GLOBAL_POSITION_INT ”
However, I can’t find this command in my Pixhawk in the first place.
My Pixhawk may be strange.
Also, my HM30 does not have the PINK circle column in the picture below.
Actually, my HM30 has not upgraded the firmware.
I have a lot of experience with upgrade bugs in the past.
Do I still need an upgrade?
I don’t know where to store the Siri Assistant.

What about my second question? :anguished:
“Can you see the telemetry data on your Phone or Tablet like here with the MP for Android?”

If you can see the infos of the vehicel, you are shure that the telemetry works.
And then the necessary data for the tracker are normally inclouded.
If not, the params for Serial… are not set as described in the tracker manual.

Yes also my experience, upgrades are repairing one bug, and place two others.

Hi Risto, thank you for this very important information. Unfortunately still not binding

@SIYI this info would be good in a FAQ! There is more important info in these (ATM) 339 posts

1 Like