30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Hmm… on mine it is there:

Here the version info (as it came from the factory couple of weeks ago, I did not update yet):
grafik

grafik

Thank you Risto !

You’ve lowered my confusion level for one of the items …

1 Like

For the interested, here two internal pictures. The HM30 ground unit comes with a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 Nation N32G452CC microcontroller in LQFP48 package:

grafik

The air unit of mine, purchased some weeks ago, has a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 Nation N32L406CB:

I changed the baud rate number to 57600 last night.
Then I was able to connect. The number is now 100%. :bangbang: Thank you. :bangbang:
I started using the tracker for the first time today.
I adjusted it with a lot of trim, but it tracked me safely.
Thank you very much, lorbass.

1 Like

Hmm… on mine it is there:
Have you upgraded the firmware?
I don’t.
Is there a way to know the current firmware version of the HM30?

Oh, I see.
My version was 0.1.5.
Is it because of that?

I just noticed that on Siyi website under HM30 Chinese language downloads, there is a 0.1.8 firmware package available for HM30, whereas English version of the webpage as well as Siyi HM30 Google Drive, both still list 0.1.7 as latest.

Inside the RAR-archive file, the novelty is the ground unit 0.1.8 firmware:

I take from the file naming scheme that Siyi is internally using Subversion version control system (abbreviated as SVN) and the 0.1.8 firmware for the ground unit stems from SVN repository revision 5619. The air unit firmwares have not received any updates since revision 5540/5541 respectively in that firmware package.

If I look at Siyi HM30 Google Drive, then there I can find v5.2.4 firmware for the N32 microcontroller based air units:

Here the output of the device info pages, after updating to the latest versions I was able to find:

grafik

grafik

@Siyi - it would be easier for the customers and likely also your webmaster, if you would have a single place for HM30 downloads. Presently various versions are scattered across three sources - Chinese and English download links and your Google Drive. Also a Change Log would be very interesting - to learn what was changed between the versions - which bugs were fixed, what features added or what limitations come when upgrading to a newer firmware stand.

Also out of curiosity - what does the “FPV Firmware” (with v0.2.2) do?
The latter is on your Google Drive listed as “FPV Firmware”, on the other hand the HM30 device info screens list it as “VideoVersion”.
Am I correct to assume that your GU/AU has a microcontroller on the mainboard and then there is another microcontroller in the RF-module and this is the reason you need two firmwares per unit?
I guess the “FirmwareVer/RF Firmware” is used for the mainboard MCU and the “VideoVer/FPV Firmware” for the RF-module. A bit confusing with the naming here IMHO, as if I got it right, the “RF Firmware” is actually DeviceFirmware and “FPV Firmware” is the RF-module firmware…

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad I could help

Hello, I’m facing an issue…I originally bound the ground & air unit then I somehow jacked the firmware & it will not bind or connect anymore… The ground unit is solid red > air unit slow blinks red > when I try to bind it goes through the process then reads binderr.

As mentioned above I’ve found several spots to get firmware & did what I “assume” is correct. What is the combo & is there anything specific.

http://en.siyi.biz/en/VideoDatalink/HM30/Download/
http://www.siyi.biz/cn/datalink/HM30/download/
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12mCU2zDG_QX2vOQvA1bSFoDO8uNPaK4D

@SIYI How can the user change the operating frequency of the primary link (NOT the WiFi)?

It looks like the channel is randomly selected somewhere between 5100-6000 MHz upon binding, and then I cannot change it except by rebinding. Several of these frequencies are illegal to use in my country, so being able to control the frequency or set a more restrictive range is sorely needed.

Hello, did you manage to get the units bound? I’m facing issues myself.

No sir, I find it clear as mud myself.

Hi @Jim_C , for me after Risto’s post #333 it is clear to me. We should ask Frank @SIYI to add a txt file in the firmware directory with this info including all the updates that are being made over time to the firmware(s) like stated in an earlier post.

I did not manage yet to bind the two together. I have good hope @SYSI will come with a solution in the next days that will solve my problem. If so, I will post the solution here for others since there is no proper FAQ.

Your situation is quite different, a) you had it bound earlier, mine does not bind out of the box b) you state “The ground unit is solid red “while in a bind state it should be blinking red. I hope @SIYI has a solution for you. BTW, does your ground unit in the screen says “Binding” when you enter the binding state?

Your SIYI Assistant screen looks good (well the same as mine :slight_smile:)

Yes sir, it states binding & both ground & air unit fast flash then after some time it goes bind err. Afterward the ground unit is solid red while the air unit slow flashes red.

It did connect & I did have surface control, just no video.

Hope I didn’t brick the air unit trying to get video to work.

Ahh, OK, same here. Let’s see if it can be fixed by @SIYI in the next day or 2.

Hi Jim,

What exactly does your ground unit and the air unit blink after binding process (fast red blinking)? Could you show us a short video, please?

Best regards,
Frank

hey Frank, thanks…
Yes sir, attached. I have a couple. One is normal startup process. As you can see it never connects. The second is the binding process > then the third is the bind err plus battery voltage…I use 6S with SIYI BEC so voltage on air unit should not be an issue.

Range Test in rural region with Wireless Mode 5km.
Ground Station on Antenna Tracker with small Patch Antennas.

Nice video @lorbass,
Could you share (all with test flights) info about your Air Unit version you can find in the SIYI assistant? Because there are 3 versions as we know now, it would be good to know what version performs better than others. Maybe @Mohammad_Adib can you share the info?

For me, I’m not flying yet. SiYI responded this morning that I need to replace my Air Unit that is stopping from binding. So back to the factory. SIYI advised as well to purchase at the same time a second Air Unit just in case the new one stops working or does not bind as well. So no Q&A at the factory or at shipping.

I also wonder the quality of the air Unit at the moment. My clients are going to fly with a 200K of platform and sensors and I wonder at this moment if I should let them fly with the HM30 at the current state