30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Thanks! So the original idea for D1 and D2 is to control the light intensity of this camera:

Even if one is not using this specific camera with the light, the D1 and D2 PWM outputs can be an interesting option for other tasks in a craft. With a simple RC filter one could this way even have two analog voltage values sent to an aircraft.

@SIYI How to control the D1 and D2 PWM output values with HM30, thus how would a command/telegram to control the D1/D2 outputs look like?

Could you explain more? Is the LAN cable connected to the tablet via its USB?
How to setup the tablet?

What do you mean with dropping?
WiFi worked with my tablet (also the only methode one), but sometimes I remarked freezing image even in short range (100 to 200 m)
I thought this comes from a broken Air to Ground transmitt.

In the MK15 user manual there are descriptions to the two channels. It will be the same for HM30.

[MK15 - Google Drive]

1 Like

No setup per se. I bought a $12 USB C to Ethernet Adapter and plugged it into the tablet, used the included cable to connect the ground unit to the Lan port of the adapter. Went into more connections and Ethernet shows its connected (I may have had to turn Ethernet on the 1st time in the same menu). I left WiFi and Bluetooth on in the tablet.

Started the SiYi app and after 15-20 sec video appears and it shows connected (the app was setup w/the camera’s IP as its supposed to).

The app would disconnect and when the WiFi disconnected and it wouldn’t reconnect.

Thank you for the info - this helps a lot!

@SIYI You might want to update the MK15 user manual links (PDF and Zip) under http://en.siyi.biz/en/MK15/Downloads/
Although the PDF User Manual there says V1.1 on the cover page, the header lists on every page V1.0 and does not include the Section 1.2.2 as in your screenshot above.

The MK15 Google Drive has the newer PDF manual - although there the cover page lists as version V1.11 and headers list V1.1.

I am already editing some manuals and trying to release an update asap. Will send a notice to the website manager as well this time. I do not manage the web files myself, so sometimes the website is delayed. Welcome to refer to the Google Drive link for more and more latest documents and files.

1 Like

I have the same wifi dropping problem. It would just could not connect through the wife, even in airplane mode. I have kept the HM30 in the drawer since no solution for it. Would like to try the USB-C to LAN method as you mention. Hope this will solve the problem.

@Skywing_Uav @mike_E
For HM30 internal WiFi dropping, please try to re-bind the system and check, maybe the reason is that the WiFi band does not work with your local bands. Everytime you re-bind the system, the WiFi band will change. Please have a try.

Another question re: the SiYi FPV app

Does the record option work? Mine does nothing when I try swiping it on.

Please try the latest .300 version updated in the HM30 link.

I use this, the record swiper does not move.

The recording function through SIYI FPV only works under TCP protocol. Please change the complete RTSP address to 192.168.144.25:37256

Do you mean with recording function the recording Cam?
I do no more use this, unusable result.
When I input in the App your address it is accepted (Input field not cleared) but then the video is dad and the App doesn’t connect anymore via WiFi. The record slider does not move.

Yes, the recording function with the R1 recording camera through SIYI FPV.

For the IP camera or other cameras, please still use the RTSP addresses

@SIYI Thanks, now its clear.
Do you have an idea, why these freezing periods during the flight up to 1.5 km?
Its similar at other flights. I connected HM30 to one tablet via WiFi,Bluetooth disabled.
Telemetry via Bluetooth to a second tablet with WiFi disabled and RC via cable in PPM.
Even in a short distance of 15m at the beginning. I use a tracker with the small Patch antennas.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Whn_XICRT2xVBWSsRdB5iz9wky9XYQv/view?usp=sharing

The signal looks good all the way. If you can enable the link status OSD next time, we will know how the link works more easily.
Before you turn around, the system did not lose control.
What tablet do you use? What about the specs?

I use this here:

This is the Frame:

Thanks for your clarification frank. Where can i order the 20 and 26db antennas?

A nothing special screen recording of today’s check flight. Was primarily testing the tablet’s built-in screen recorder, calibrating the A/S and checking the signal strength of the close-in flight. Probably never got over a 1000’ away. Wind was 12 mph, gusting to 25. Tablet was connected w/Lan cable to GU. Radio was connected to GU w/mini sbus receiver. Took a few minutes to get the blue light - maybe it’ll be better after rebinding …

1 Like

Amazing good connection, no freezing parts as in my flights.
Already ordered the Ethernet to USB Converter to try the same link methode.