Zubax GNSS 2 - Pixhawk 2 compatibility

Hi guys,

I’ve been unable to get the zubax 2 gnss detected by the pixhawk 2… I plugged it in to can 1 and set the exact same paramei have with my pixhawk 1 builds. Parameters gps_type 9 and brd_can enable set to 2 or 1. I keep getting the GPS 0: detected as PX4 message repeatedly, but it’s not actually detecting.

Has anyone had any similar issues or can offer any advice? Thanks in advance.

Issue Solved. Switched to Can 2 port on Pixhawk 2 this morning and bam! I could have sworn I had tried that already…

1 Like

But why does it not work with CAN1?

Great Question. Also, I am not able to get the compass to be detected/used by APM either. Can2 allowed for gps detection only. Wondering if this is an issue with rc2.

I use GNSS 2 units on both of my pix1 aircraft with no problems on 3.4.2, sounds like a pix2/firmware issue to me. I have been using the zubax gps for a couple of years and have had UAVCAN connection issues with firmware changes on several occasions. With the release of 3.4.2 the system works perfectly. I still get the same error message you do on my Pixracer with no gps connection.

1 Like

Still cannot get external compass to be detected when using can 2. Getting satellites is no problem.

Hi,

Thanks for the reports. This has been reproduced on the Pixhawk2 and is being tracked in issue 5272.

1 Like