ZR30 4K AI 180X Hybrid Zoom Optical Pod - First SIYI gimbal with quick release feature

MASS PRODUCTION QUALITY - SIYI ZR30 Original Footage Compilations (4K, Night, 30X / 180X Zoom)

SIYI ZR30 Optical Pod Unboxing

ZR30 Firmware Update Log

2023-5-6

New Firmware:

ZR30 Camera Firmware v0.1.3 svn629 2023-05-06

ZR30 Gimbal Firmware v0.1.7 svn6664 2022-05-06.bin

SIYI PC Assistant En v1.3.4 svn6679 2023-05-09.exe

Main Updates:

Camera

1. New feature: ZR30 can acquire network time now.

2. Camera night AF area is reduced to a more comfortable range.

3. ZR30 photos come with GPS information now.

4. Compatibility to processing EXIF information

Gimbal

1. New feature: Six way gimbal calibration by customer.

2. Optimization to unexpected roll angle tilt issue.

3. Now ZR30 supports Mavlink analysis and GPS information forwarding.

4. New feature: Absolute zoom is now available for A8 mini through SDK and through S.Bus control

5. Now ZR30 does not determine temperature when you do not make temperature calibration

6. Optimization to unexpected roll angle tilt issue

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qyd0oqZt1cM1EPTFh5BGTr52cz2aeQli?usp=share_link

Hi Frank @SIYI ,
We are interested with this Camera. Can I Locate coordinate of the ground object by using the Tracking Function?
Please clarify.
Tks

Hi Frank!

I bought a ZR30 camera and I can’t get the digital zoom to 180X. I am using the QGC app on Windows, downloaded from your site, and when I try to zoom I only get 30X optical.

I would appreciate it if you could help me out.

Under 4K recording resolution there is no digital zoom

Yes, it works, thanks Frank!

Hi! Having next troudble during flying after few zoom in / our operations, autofocus stops working. Manual focus has also not have any effect.

Do anybody faced such issue ?

cc @SIYI

Please show us a short video of this problem in screenshot and let us know all the firmware versions. Thanks.

@SIYI Check the video: 1.mp4 - Google Drive

It often happens when: zoom on far object and focus, than move camera on closer object and focus, than move back to far object. Or vice versa.
Camera will lock focus for some certain position and zoom level and will not change it until restart. Manual focus will not help.

Firmware: zoom 0.15, gimbal 0.1.7.

@SIYI Did you had a chance to see video ? There is another issue visible on big zoom - camera constantly shaking and has drift. On ground. During fly realistic usable zoom is no more than 50 X. With higher zoom it is not possible to hold object in view focus

ZR30 Update Log

2023-8-30

New Firmware:

ZR30 Camera Firmware v0.1.4 svn1063 2023-08-29

ZR30 Gimbal Firmware v0.1.9 svn6966 2023-08-29.bin

ZR30 Zoom Firmware v0.1.6 svn6792 2023-08-16.bin

New App:

SIYI FPV App v2.5.15.660

SIYI PC Assistant v1.3.7 svn6958

Main Updates:

1. Optimization: Now ZR30 can configure stream resolution.
  2. New feature: All TCP / UDP commands in SIYI gimbal SDK are available on ZR30 now. And some new SIYI gimbal SDK commands (eg. point to focus, acquire current zoom and max zoom, etc)
  3. Optimization: Now gimbal saves working mode after cutting power.
  4. New feature: New OSD information for recording status under HDMI or CVBS output, including if the SD card is inserted, if it is recording.
  5. New feature: Now you can preview pictures taken by ZR30 in the SIYI FPV app or through SDK.
  6. New feature: Gimbal control algorithm integrated with flight controller Mavlink data to solve the roll angle tilt problem when the drone attitude changes fast, such as taking off, panning, rolling, etc. (Some configuration needs to be done in the GCS, please refer to the user manual for detail)
  7. Optimization: Now the camera can output up to four video streams from the same IP addresses.
  8. New feature: Compatible with 64G, 128G, 256G TF card.
  9. Bug fix: Focusing time was too long on gimbal start.
  10. Optimization: Now ZR30 focuses the center of the image when it is controlled by S.Bus.
  11. Bug fix: Zoom firmware update fails. Upgrading time was too long.

SIYI FPV App Main Updates:

1. New feature: Messages for successfully integrated attitude data.
  2. New feature: Format TF card remotely through SIYI FPV app.
  3. New feature: Icons to alert missing TF card.
  4. New feature: Preview recorded pictures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qyd0oqZt1cM1EPTFh5BGTr52cz2aeQli?usp=drive_link

Hello!
I have a Siyi zr30 camera, I have connected the video via HDMI and the gimbal control to the UART from herelink, in RC Target I have pitch, yaw and zoom control in mission planner with a PS4 joystick, but I have two problems.
To zoom I have configured the right joystick and I have to release the joystick to be able to continue zooming, it goes in steps.
In neutral, mavlink, etc, the camera faces forward, but in RC target it always turns to one side until the end, can I set the initial position in RC Target? I have seen that in neutral and retract yes, but I cannot find this option.
I am using a translator, I hope I am understood. Thank you.

I have a zr30 camera with the following firmware:

• Gimbal 0.1.9
  • Zoom 0.1.6
  • Camera 0.1.4

Using the python wrapper sdk: https://github.com/mzahana/siyi_sdk/tree/main I can’t get the zoom level. Also, I can’t control the zoom to a fixed level with setZoomLevel. The only thing I can do is to zoom in and zoom out using requestZoomIn() and requestZoomOut().

Even though with another camera it actually works fine.

Is there a way to get access to previous firmaware versions?

Hi John, do you still have those firmware versions? If so, could you please contact me at filbe@dtu.dk. It is really important for me. Thanks

Hello, is it possible to have access to old firmware releases? I currently have v.1.4 for my ZR30 camera, but I need v.1.2.

ZR30 Update Log

SIYI FPV App Upldate Log

https://siyi.biz/en/index.php?id=downloads&asd=25

Can anyone help me understand the Set Gimbal Control Angle function? It seems that it doesn’t work correctly. The achieved pitch and yaw angle never correspond to the input. For instance, if I take the example given in the ZT30 reference manual,

Send Control Angle (-90, 0) (Upwards) to Gimbal Camera
55 66 01 04 00 00 00 0e 00 00 ff a6 3b 11

first of all, the first argument should be yaw and not pitch. Second, the angle pitch -90 makes the camera turn downwards.

with latest FW and SIYI FPV while recording, recorder widget annoying blinking and buzzing.
It seems that the video is not being recorded because the recording indicator constantly shows that the recording lasts for a second, then the timer starts counting down from zero. But at the same time the recording proceeds correctly. At first I thought there was a problem with the memory card. And the recording doesn’t work. But it turns out that the recording indication is broken.

What is your SIYI FPV app version?