ZR10 2K QHD 30X Hybrid Zoom Gimbal Camera - SIYI's first industry gimbal camera and it won't be the last

Hi Frank, no, it’s not the SD card. It’s on the bench in the shop or in the air watching the live video, in my case on the MK15.

@SIYI What is the human and vehicle detection range for this eye.

I haven’t received any response from you? Are you doing support for your product?

I believe that the next firmware update by integrating attitude data will fix your issue.

when can we expect the next firmware?

1 Like

The situation is similar, the camera starts rotating by itself after the update, the developers do not want to share the old firmware and do not release the new one.

More Updates for ZR10
23-8-30

New Firmware
ZR10 Camera Firmware v0.3.0 svn941 svn1060 2023-08-24
ZR10 Gimbal Firmware v0.3.2 svn6964 2023-08-28.bin

New Software / App
SIYI FPV App v2.5.15.660
SIYI PC Assistant v1.3.7 svn6958

Main Updates

1. New feature: Point to focus.
  2. New feature: Mavlink control to gimbal and camera as an optional way from S.Bus.
  3. Optimization: Now gimbal saves working mode after cutting power.
  4. New feature: Support ONVIF standard.
  5. New feature: Gimbal control algorithm integrated with flight controller Mavlink data to solve the roll angle tilt problem when the drone attitude changes fast, such as taking off, panning, rolling, etc. (Some configuration needs to be done in the GCS, please refer to the user manual for detail)
  6. New feature: New SDK commands for setting and acquiring current video resolution and other camera specs.
  7. New feature: Compatible with 64G, 128G, 256G, 512G TF card.

SIYI FPV App Main Updates:

1. New feature: Messages for successfully integrated attitude data.
  2. New feature: Format TF card remotely through SIYI FPV app.
  3. New feature: Icons to alert missing TF card.
  4. New feature: Preview recorded pictures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1clIyNgy1TZQTHBZeyMbZEWLCMyPvtHm9?usp=drive_link

1 Like

Hi @SIYI!
Right now I’m trying to make Mavlik connection ZR10 to FC.

So. RxTx connected, Serial1 (which I use) set to 115 kbs, SR1 set to 50Hz

But which protocol I should use? 1- Mavlink, 2-Mavlink…
And how to check is it works?
Thanks.

I found on the A8 I had to use 57000 baud to get all the parameters to work not sure about your gimbal

Last Siyi ZR10 manual say 115 kbs
But no listed protocol type.- 1 or 2

1 Like

are o/k then try 1 and if that dont work try 2 but I think it may be protocol 8 for gimbal try that

Looks like on mode 2 all work- camera stable in roll at any flying in Loiter and Ahd with max angles 30 deg.
Still long time yaw and pitch stabilize to zero point.
Roll at 90 deg pitch missalighned for 1.5-2 deg.
Need more testing

Always try mavlink 2 first. Mavlink 1 is a legacy protocol and missing a lot of important functionality.

3 Likes

Thank you James great information

hi @birdperson, @SIYI
I have exactly the same problem with the ZR10 and as you said by sending multiple commands it starts working like mentioned.
I’m using SDKs to send commands to the gimbal through UDP.
it must be a SIYI side problem for the zoom controller.
also please consider checking the zoom magnitude reported by the gimbal which is most of the time incorrect.
thanks a lot for the effort on keeping the camera updated with the bug fixes.

Have you noticed a similar issue with the “point to here” GPS-based Gimbal pointing? It seems to initially point in the correct direction but over time drifts off?

Unfortunately I’m not using the gimbal with the MP and have not tested the ROI feature.

Do you still have the mentioned problem in the latest firmware? Please feel free to let us know.

Hi Frank,
I will try to install the latest firmware in the following week and let you know the result.
I would also be thankful to know if this (v1.4) is the latest user manual or not, because I couldn’t find SDKs for the last two updates related to setting and acquiring video resolution and camera specs (No 6 of the 23-8-3- update) and also preview pictures taken by ZR10 (No 2 of the 23-8-3 update) in the mentioned user manual.
thanks in advance

Having issues with the ZR30 and its python sdk. When I connect to the camera, this is what I get at terminal, and then the camera doesn’t respond anymore to any command given, such as gimbal rotation.

[INFO] [1694097511.326080566] [zr30_controller_node]: Camera controller node started.
 [WARNING] 2023-09-07 16:38:44,552 [SIYISDK::gimbalAttLoop] :	Gimbal attitude thread is stopped. Check connection
 [WARNING] 2023-09-07 16:38:45,292 [SIYISDK::gimbalInfoLoop] :	Gimbal info thread is stopped. Check connection
Exception in thread Thread-1 (recvLoop):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/threading.py", line 1016, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/threading.py", line 953, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/home/aut/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/siyi_sdk/siyi_sdk.py", line 225, in recvLoop
    self.bufferCallback()
  File "/home/aut/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/siyi_sdk/siyi_sdk.py", line 233, in bufferCallback
    buff,addr = self._socket.recvfrom(self._BUFF_SIZE)
TimeoutError: timed out