ZR10 2K QHD 30X Hybrid Zoom Gimbal Camera - SIYI's first industry gimbal camera and it won't be the last

Please refer to @timtuxworth 's solution posted on Facebook

1 Like

Hi Frank,
I checked what he posted and that was related to a connection issue, which I solved. My current issues are related to video lag - so I got it connected but I encountered a 1.5sec lag and around 1fps.
Please check the videos from the previous post.

I did a loot of latency testing and found RTSP on VLC a problem although I did got it working at one point
I’m using Happytime RTSP client. You can try such a program on your laptop

1. Are you streaming at 1080p or 720p?
  2. Please try SIYI modified QGC. You can download it in the ZR10 page.
1 Like

Thanks @champ8242 and Frank! I installed Happytime RTSP on the Herelink but the issue is similar to VLC or Qgroundcontrol.
I think that most important things work now, with the Siyi QGC app. @SIYI , where is a good place to ask questions about the Siyi QGC? For example I have a notification of Terrain Load Progress that does not go away and I am sure I will have other questions regarding this.

1 Like

Check here

1 Like

Still waiting SIYI to share the source of the modified QGC you used. You developed it with a shareware version of QT so you have to re share. If you don’t you break the rules about sharing the QGC is released under.

2 Likes

VLC is pretty bad for low latency streaming with any RTSP feed. It has a default 1000ms buffer, you can make it lower but I’ve found it becomes unstable below 150ms whereas QGC doesn’t have that issue.

You are posting now your question muliple times in various topics without success! Don’t you think it’s time now to move on instead of flooding your frustration to other users?

I’ve answered the same questions in the QGC thread. There is no update so far.
After the holiday, I’ll check for more updates.
Just to be clear, I will only reply to QGC questions in the QGC thread on ardupilot forum. I don’t know why it is so difficult to post relevant questions in relevant discussions.

1 Like

Dear @SIYI I would like to report 3 issues with the camera:

• Sometimes, without a clear reason, but definitely after keeping the camera on for longer than 30min, the buttons on the Siyi app do not work any more. Restarting the app fixes the issue. I do not know if this is related to the app or the connection.
  • Just after takeoff, if the camera is focused on something close to it (grass for example), it will not focus to infinity on its own. Zooming fixes this. It should search for focus on its own and I should not have to zoom to get the camera to focus.
  • I cannot pull the RTSP stream to a second device, therefore my only way for now to share the video stream further is to share the ground unit screen of my HereLink. Could I pull the camera RTSP stream directly to a second device that would be running Windows or Linux if I would be using your MK15 or MK32?

Forwarded to the team. Will update asap.

I think it is possible. Welcome to have a try.

I have an issue on one of camera, zoom works fine, gimbal controlls doesn’t work, ardupilot returns error: PreArm: Mount: not healthy
Connected by serial port, if i replace it to another same camera, gimbal starts to work fine…
Any ideas of camera is defective?
All firmware updated to latest version

UPD: after few minutes oof working it starts to blink RED RED Orange and camera firmware becomes FW VER: 0.0.0
Updating doesn’t work… looks like defective…

Hi @SIYI ,
I just wanted to let you know of another issue I found, that mostly happens after the aircraft moves a bit faster in attitude, but not necessarily. It is quite bad to see the gimbal slowly pitching and rolling for no apparent reason for up to 10 deg. I uploaded here 2 videos, one from a hover and another after a flight. I would have expected the movement to stop when the aircraft is not flying but it seems to not be the case.
What can I do anything about it? This issue is not frequent but can easily be replicated.

Hi @SIYI !
We’ve got another problem during the last test. Bad stabilization of the gimbal during flight. Color “code” (leds) of the gimbal shown the problem with heating of the electronics. The temperature was -2 C.
We haven’t changed the heating settings.
What is your suggestion?

Please show us a comparing video with same settings: Same controller, same model, same firmware version.

Did you lost video when it blinks like this?

Please show a video. We need to see how exactly the bad stabilization is.

Checking and will answer asap.

Should I ignore the other two videos?

I deleted the old videos, so now, there are only 2 related to the issue I talked about yesterday.
Thanks

Hi!
I have two cameras ZR10.
Very bad stabilization. Even on the table!!! Angular vibration range 0.01 it is not true! How did you measure it!!! Is not true!!!
Optical unit froze at minus 3 degrees Celsius! Zoom and focus not work!
At negative temperatures, mechanical vibrations of the gimbal occur. There is no hardness setting in the program. Self-oscillations occur.
The auto-record button is not saved in the program.
I think gyroscope calibration and temperature control will not help you. What to do with the rotation of the Earth? And vibrations that VERY affect MEMS. The biggest difficulties with the horizontal stabilization plane. In it you don’t have a direction reference signal. You can see it in the gimbal. Your IMU composite filters don’t work well. In flight, the corners constantly “float”! Especially the yaw angle. Cannot use high zoom.
I have last firmware.
Bad support on email!