ZR10 2K QHD 30X Hybrid Zoom Gimbal Camera - SIYI's first industry gimbal camera and it won't be the last

Good news.
It would be nice if it was initially supported for uart control to.

Yes, the SDK will include this part

@SIYI

1 Like

Hi @crshr,

It could certainly be done with a Lua script.

… but so that I understand the request, the idea is that the button allows switching between these two positions (pitch down 90 deg and point straight forward) but if the user then uses the RC input they can also move the gimbal?

The AP driver has the concept of a Neutral position (see MNTx_NEUTRAL_X,Y,Z) and a Retracted position (see MNTx_RETRACT_X,Y,Z) although we sometimes use Retracted to use relaxed (but not for the Siyi gimbal yet at least).

I think it might be good to add an issue to the AP issues list and we can discuss it there.

FYI we just had another issue created this morning to add expo to the RC input.

1 Like

Hi @rmackay9 ,
In your manual for uart connection there are all functions except this one.
Screenshot 2022-12-16 153600
I used it, since there has not yet been time to implement the option described above, exactly as you understand,
the camera is controlled by both - button and dialogue wheel,
At the same time the dialogue wheel smoothly moves along the pitch, and the button alternates between 0 and 90 deg in turn.

thanks for your advice, i will try this. But previously I thought to solve it by sending the uart or mavlink command to turn to the specified angle by pressing the button

1 Like

I tried to configure the gimbal via UART as written in the instructions. However, the gimbal axis rotation channels do not work. Although the messages say that I turn on zoom or tracking mode.
What could be wrong with me?

1 Like

ZR10 Update Log

Attention: All below firmware, software, application should be updated to have the latest feature

• Camera Firmware
  • Gimbal Firmware
  • Zoom Firmware
  • SIYI PC Assistant
  • SIYI FPV App

2022-12-22

New Firmware:

ZR10 Camera Firmware v0.2.6 svn452 svn451 2022-11-25

ZR10 Gimbal Firmware v0.2.3 svn6374 2022-12-21.bin

ZR10 Zoom Firmware v0.2.0 svn6375 2022-12-21.bin

Main Updates:

1. Camera board acquires and confirms normal mode or upside down mode to flip image only on starting and does not change after confirmation.
  2. Gimbal board supports IMU gyro calibration function through SIYI PC Assistant.
  • Users can set up an environment temperature and save in flash. After restarting the gimbal it will take effect and become the target constant temperature.
  • Under constant temperature status, users can check if the IMU requires calibration and start IMU calibration.
  • SIYI PC Assistant displays IMU angle speed and accelerated speed in real-time. And IMU temperature to help users confirm if the IMU is working normally.
  • IMU calibration allows users to recover to factory status.

The all in one Google Drive link for ZR10.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vl2ow8xj42vGH4rgEncbDSgGWji8Jkpy?usp=share_link

@rvjenya @Ihor_Y

2 Likes

Check your Ardupilot version - All functions work correctly via UART.

Implemented with a script, using “RC override”, Mavik-style controls.

The button alternately switches 90 degrees down and 0 degrees to the center, while in parallel, control with the dialogue wheel.

…the method is working, but there are still small freezes

ZR10 video control

Sorry in advance, I’m writing through a translator. I was able to change the ip address of the camera. Apparently, there is a flaw in the siyi assistant program. To change the address, open the program, connect the camera, change the address and click save. Then, turn off only the power of the camera, and then turn it back on. Wait until the program displays the old address, the gateway field will be empty. Then go to another tab (eg firmware) and switch back. All options will be displayed. Now you can change the address and save it.

Thank u for the answer, i solved problem with ip in a different way on the side of another device, but may your solve help somebody, and i try your way may be tomorrow, thank u. And i can’t solve problem with decoding i hope your way help me with it.

Вт, 27 дек. 2022 г. в 22:18, Евгений Волков via ArduPilot Discourse <noreply@ardupilot.org>:

Good time!

Project NORA ZR10 MK15, later HM30

I tried to connect by UART4, but gimbal does not react for RCin

Parameters got from here SIYI ZR10 and A8 Gimbals — Plane documentation

When I use SIYI FPV touch screen MK15 zoom and movement are work. But RC channels are no react

SIYI Assistant settings are clear

For example i want to operate via RC channels with use L/R D dial scrolls

Where is my mistake?

If who has experience, please helpp

Thanks!

Hi!

I’ve updated all the firmware and connect the camera to a serial port of Pixhawk (ArduCopter 4.3.2). All the functions are working properly, but the zoom via RC. It works good within some margin, say 1x- 4.3x and then I need to move the RC slider (assigned to zoom function) backward/forward and it zooms further and so on.
Meanwhile when I used sSIYI HM-30 to control zoom with Android app it works smooth in the full range. But again if I have zoom 30x and try to zoom out with RC slider it stops on 10x zoom. Then I need to do “magic” with moving slider backward/forward to overcome such “restriction”.
Is there any solution for this?

Hi Anton,
If there is a video to show the exact issue, I can get fast feedback from the team. Please also mention the SIYI FPV app version. Thanks.

Hi Frank.

I have the same problem as Anton. I use the camera control via the UART port from the flight controller.

For example, I set the zoom to S1 on my TX16, and when I start zooming - it stops at about half of its strength (about as Anton described - about 5x zoom) and does not increase further. In order to continue the zoom - I have to put S1 in the center position and put it back to the maximum value. You also have to do the same when you reduce the zoom.

But the main problem in all this is that the digital zoom does not work. I managed to turn it on a couple of times randomly by moving S1 back and forth, but it doesn’t work that way.

I’ve tried assigning it to different controls - the result is the same.

I would be grateful if you could help solve this problem.

We really need a video to check this issue. Please help if possible. Thanks very much.

1 Like

I recorded a video of this problem, I think you can see how it works. Also on the video you can see how the digital zoom is turned on, and I did not understand exactly how it is turned on here - some movement up and down from the middle.

I hope this helps in understanding the problem

The problem is gone after changing the slider to 3-pos switch. Thus if we have it (switch) in the middle position nothing happens. When move switch to high/low position camera will zoom in/out correspondingly.
So it seems like the speed of zooming is not controlled by the slider…
Dear Frank, thank you for the very fast reaction to our problems! We are going to use your gimbals exstensively and almost all the functions are good. But we will be very happy if you add the new mode for zooming, so called absolute mode. In this mode we could use the slider the following way:

• if the slider is in minimal position (1000 us) we have minimal zoom - 1x
  • if the slider is in its maximum (2000 us) camera has maximum zoom - 30x
  • other slider positions correspond to zoom level proportionally.
    Hope it’s clear description?
    What do you think?
2 Likes

Yes, please! This is similar to what I’m asking for in the serial interface. Once you implement absolute zoom (and focus), it would be useful to control it form either PWM or serial.

2 Likes