Z Axis Vibrations

APC are they a plastics prop @rolly. Just curious.
I also noted that the soft mounts made the machines Yaw bias way worse so they are going.

It’s some kind of fiber composite.

Interesting.
I have some new props coming this week so will give them a try.
I assume these composite props must have some flex to them and so they cause less vibrations.

OH CRAP.
I just went to pull the soft mounts from the motors and of the 16 screws 14 where loose despite the loctite.

To softmount the motors you need to use the extra sticky loctite, not the normal one.

I really want to join this this discussion since I face the same situation: Will speedup cause the vibration?

Mine is 32 inch - Hexa plus and the props are folding type.

Hey @amilcarlucas
Yes I know I used the red locktite. That stuff is tough yet the screws came loose. Perhaps I didn’t use enough. No matter, they are out now. Also the 2 screws that didn’t come loose, well they snapped off trying to take them out. So had to swap out the motor. Grrrr…oh well my own fault for using aluminum screws. I hate those things.
@bigboy061293 welcome to the conversation.

I would try the hard mount only as the logic is to remove isolations step by step right? regarding PID normally you start from a vanilla config. My steps are to delete the config and fly the beast, if it is very twitchy back off the Pids using the slider move it right. fly and look for the pid that is the twitching and manually reduce, normal this is the roll. If you have heat in the motors the expansion and contraction will mess with the screws. Most motors now run very cool so you also need to check them.

I also have a idea add one more deck using the stand off screws that would connect to the frame and hard mount the PRP to the Deck only. think foundations of a house and bedrock if you will.

I have the best results with the sunnysky EOLO props. Significant less vibration.

BR

Harald

Sunnysky ELO props…not heard of them.

As for PID’s this isn’t a tune issue. The tune is nearly spot on. Roll is a bit off and I will retune it with the new props. This vibration is something else.

Cool.

what about this?

Wow you did that fast.
So I think you suggesting mounting the FC on a Carbon fiber plate with out the dampening washers that come with the flight controller. This is very similar to what I had just tried. It’s not shown in this photo as it’s a bit older. But I used 4 standoffs that where direct mount to the frame. I did leave on the vibration o rings that come with the FC as the holes are pretty large and I don’t have a screw that would fit.
But this mount didn’t work. Now I am not suggesting that this is a bad idea, I just think there is something mechanical thats introducing a high level of vibration and I need to find that source. Once I know I can at least take some form of action. But right now I can’t say what it is.
I do know that the changes I made just made things worse not better.
So this weekend I will test good props. I confess the ones I am flying now are cheap and I cant’ say if the prop tips are level.
So this weekend it would be new props.
Back to the soft mount that is in the photo.
Hard mounted PCB.
Hard Mounted motors…not doing that again. I know a better way of doing this, but not goign to try it just yet.

I own a lot of the PRP i never use the o rings this was a compromise. the holes size is something i asked for and fits the 3mm screws perfectly. Hopefully the phasic props will be better. I use tri’s for my builds.

Sorry not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying that your PRP’s have 3mm screw holes.
Just wondering how I would get around the 4mm hole.

Man i love the size of the mounting holes yes use 3mm, just remove the o rings.

Here you find: https://sunnyskyusa.com/products/eolo-cn11-4-5-prop?_pos=18&_sid=079abaf80&_ss=r

I have the best result with them and I tried a lot.

It is EOLO, sorry

I like the look of them props…

Have worked with vibration dampening many years ago to come up with a solution that works on all frames.
This is the typical results I get.

No need to go to extremes, and motor isolation, although it can help, is not really necessary or recommended.

So Mike. Can yo layout what you did to get such good results.
Photos, video, telegram or smoke signals would help

Ah yes I have seen them…a buddy of mine that was on this forum tried them. I don’t’ recall his results. But I remember what a good looking prop they are.
I don’t see them in an 18 inch non folding version