Yaw Spinning in Auto Mode (Large Vehicle)

@dkemxr

Hello Dave, I have another drone with the exactly same configs and frame, but the propeller are CF 2055, i’ve collected the first data and I would like your help to do the harmonic notch, I will try to do my self and compare ours results.

Flight log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oAmFb8awgJ6QZMdZUbs8HzAa5yYCa-dE/view?usp=sharing

Hope you can help me.

thanks.

I suppose I would set the notch frequency at 37Hz, BW at 20Hz, Attenuation at 40db, harmonics at 3. It doesn’t look like you flew long enough for MOT_THST_HOVER to be learned but if you did it’s .25 to be used as reference.

Set these, change logging for post filter and fly again.

@dkemxr
Dave, sorry for such late replay, I will do what you said and post the results later.

But for now, i’m having the same trouble as I had when opened this thread, after all calibrations and changes that we did, I still have the same problem…

My yaw in auto mode is spinning, it dont head foward.
I did all calibration that is possible and only in auto mode it dont face to the foward.

Everytime I get ekf2 yaw inconsistent by X degrees, lets use 25 degrees for this example, when I engage auto mode, I can see at telemetry that the drone starts rotate the yaw few degrees (while going to next waypoint) when it reaches the waypoint the yaw face to next waypoint, but in the way to next WP, it starts rotate again, but as the flight extends, the rotation gets highier until reaches the 25 degrees that I see in the error and I get compass inconsistent.
So I engage RTL and it return and land perfectly.

Please give me a light, I dont know what to do!

Edit:
Take a look on my mag field, i think it is very bad, right?

Edit2:
My compassmot is pretty bad, dont you think? What I can do to fix it?

Running that compass/motor calibration should fix it, at least regarding magnetic interference from motors and wiring.

Even with interference highier than 60, compassmot Will work? Take a look at my mag field, its very poor.

While it might help throttle referenced Compensation is not what you want. It has to be current referenced to be worth doing at all. I never use CompassMot, fixing the underlying problem is a better way to go if its possible to better isolate the compass.

I see, and how am going to identify the main problem? As you can see in the first pictures, my GPS is very high from power source, Im using only external compass and Im having yaw inconsistent very often.
Really dont know what I do and how to find the main problem.

The parameter file you posted above indicates you have compass 1&2 enabled. What GPS/compass module do you have? Post a screenshot of the HW ID from MP.

I know, on first flights was, but yesterday, when I had problems, wasn’t enabled.

@dkemxr
Hello Dave, another drone another harmonic filter.

This is my pre-filter data:
pre-filter

First attempt:
post-filter 01
INS_HNTCH_ATT,40
INS_HNTCH_BW,18
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE,1
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,38
INS_HNTCH_HMNCS,3
INS_HNTCH_MODE,1
INS_HNTCH_REF,0.25

INS_NOTCH_ATT,30
INS_NOTCH_BW,25
INS_NOTCH_ENABLE,1
INS_NOTCH_FREQ,150
post-filter 01

Second Attempt:
post-filter 02
INS_HNTCH_ATT,40
INS_HNTCH_BW,20
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE,1
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,39
INS_HNTCH_HMNCS,3
INS_HNTCH_MODE,1
INS_HNTCH_REF,0.25

(Same static notch params)
post-filter 02

Last attempt:
post-filter 03
INS_HNTCH_ATT,40
INS_HNTCH_BW,15
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE,1
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,39
INS_HNTCH_HMNCS,3
INS_HNTCH_MODE,1
INS_HNTCH_REF,0.25

(Same static notch params)
post-filter 03

All logs are here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10BFRuw8QVL0him2XYxkYNIA0NJ7zKLD2?usp=sharing

Before enable harmonic notch, the drone was very senstitive to commands, but in each of those attempts, it was a lot more sensitive. I’m using standard PID.

I really want to hear what you think of my results.

Thanks again.