Yaw Issue during landing

Hello Everyone,
System Trying to change the heading while coming to land with 1.5m/s land speed in auto mode and happening only in while system is landing.
I have check the frame & motor alignment.

System is also having issue while descending 1.5m/s with cruise 10m/s, PWM was going high but its not happening when system is climbing with 2.5m/s with same 10m/s cruise speed.

@xfacta @dkemxr

Check and set WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR to suit your requirements during Auto flight. You should be able to change yaw during RTL with RC input but I see none in this log. This is the parameter that STOPS the pilot from changing yaw during RTL: RTL_OPTIONS,1 but you have 0 anyway.

You can set this since you appear to have a spring centred throttle:
PILOT_THR_BHV,7
Check the description of this parameter so you understand the options. This is the value I use.

I dont see a problem with ascent or descent, even though you have a non-standard thrust expo.
Exactly what ESCs do you have?

Motor outputs are noisy and more tuning and Harmonic Notch Filter will help this.
The only widely varying motor outputs I see are associated with large changes in pitch and roll. Yaw is a whole issue by itself :frowning:

You should definitely set these correctly

BATT_ARM_VOLT
BATT_CRT_VOLT
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT

and you can set:

INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE,1  //  set this and refresh to see the rest
INS_HNTCH_MODE,1
INS_HNTCH_REF,0.27
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,30
INS_HNTCH_BW,15
INS_HNTCH_FM_RAT,0.7
INS_LOG_BAT_MASK,1
INS_LOG_BAT_OPT,4
LOG_BITMASK,180222

Set these to try and get Yaw under control, or at least settled down and not so noisy:

ATC_RAT_YAW_D,0.0
ATC_RAT_YAW_I,0.05
ATC_RAT_YAW_P,0.5

These params wont fix everything but will allow us to collect data and see what’s going on.
Just do a flight with AltHold and Loiter - let’s see that .bin log.

EDIT:
I meant to also add in these changes:

GPS_GNSS_MODE,65
GPS_GNSS_MODE2,65

to fix the GNSS update rates.
And drop these D terms

ATC_RAT_PIT_D,0.006
ATC_RAT_RLL_D,0.006

They might even need to be low but let’s check after the next test flight.

1 Like

We are using T-motor alpha60 ESC.
We will flight test as per your suggestion & update you!
Thank you!

You need to be using:

MOT_PWM_MIN,1100
MOT_PWM_MAX,1940

and probably
MOT_THST_EXPO,0.4 // up to 0.6

You will have to use MissionPlanner motor test to recheck MOT_SPIN_ARM and MOT_SPIN_MIN
They might not need changing, but best to be sure.
Hover thrust may change a little bit.