Workaround to Arm KAKUTE H7 V2 Flight Contgroller

It flies well though. No complain on that. Tunning is spot on. Its just the two issues I mentioned that sucks (motor arming and logs cannot be read anymore after some time). Holybro needs to address it. How did you manage to get the logs working again and activate the video on/off function? Can you share?

@CarlouCarlou

I got the logs working as Dave suggested who was very helpful. Concerning the VTX off/on switch I understand it is setup as RELAY2 so you can use a RELAY2 RC function to control it.

I have a switch on my radio set on channel 7 and used this to control it.

RC7_OPTION=34 # Relay2 On/Off

You can check the relay status on the Messages page as it writes a message every time the relay is changed. I haven’t checked it as my DJI goggles have come back from a warranty repair and I can’t activate them!! More problems!

Is there a special wiring connection to the VTX for this to work? How will RC7 talk to the VTX?

The JST-GH-6P connector supports a standard DJI HD VTX connection. Pin 1 of the connector is 9v so be careful not to connect this to a peripheral requiring 5v. The 9v supply is controlled by RELAY_PIN2 and is on by default. It can be configured to be operated by an RC switch by selecting the function RELAY2.

1 Like

As @dkemxr says RELAY2 turns the power on or off to the digital HD system connected to JST-GH-6P connector eg DJI Air Unit/Vista. If not a using a DJI Air Unit/Vista and not the DJI Remote Controller disconnect the yellow DJI HDL and Signal Gnd wire. I just tested it and it works fine.

1 Like