Workaround to Arm KAKUTE H7 V2 Flight Contgroller

You mean in my current 4-in-one ESC?

Yes. These kinds of arming issue are usually down to dshot/blheli timing problems

I don’t see BlueJay timing. Maybe its not supported.

No, its an ArduCopter setting

Oh… I will try to locate it. Thanks.

Update on my troubleshooting to get rid of the workaround to arm the motors.

I tried to search for the Bluejay timing in the parameter settings but I was not able to find it. I found something in WIKI but it looks like I have to install bluejay firmware to the ESC. I’m a bit worried that the issue might become worst so I did not proceed.

What I have done are:

1. Change the firmware to Betaflight and activated the Compass, Accelerometer and GPS and configured Betaflight until I am able to arm the motors. This is to verify if I have to also implement the workaround in Betaflight to arm the motors. But it turns out that the motors can be armed without implementing the workaround.

2. Re-flashed the Ardupilot back to the FC but this time, I disabled FENCE and set GPS_TYPE = 0 (Meaning no GPS). To my surprised, I can now arm the motors without implementing the workaround.

So weird why the activation of GPS is impacting the arming of the motors. I hope I was able to give a clue on how to solve this issue as I don’t want to fly without the GPS.

Regards,

Carlou

You need to set SERVO_DSHOT_ESC to 1 since you are using blheli_32 ESC as per your blheli screenshot

I tried to set SERVO_DSHOT_ESC to 1 with high hopes that this is the answer to my issue. But after testing for some reason, I still need to implement the workaround to arm the motors.

What did the de-activation of the GPS has something to do with the Arming of the motors? Why is it that after I deactivated the GPS, the motors will arm without implementing the workaround?

Here’s the latest BIN file

20221210.param (19.5 KB)

Can I have the specs of the motor you are using or you recommend motor? I’m considering replacing the motors.

On my 7" on 6S: T-Motor F90 2806.5 1300kV
or The iFlight XING Motors.

1 Like

Hi
I have the Kakute H7V2 and am also not getting any logs.
Can you please help by explaining how to erase the chip?
Thanks
Peter

In mission planner select logs and “clear all logs”

Thanks for the reply but I give up, where exactly is ‘clear all logs’ in Mission Planner??

Thanks and I needed an extra click to get that window! I was expecting the logs to be showing in the MAVFtp window as below but I suppose that is if you use a SD Card?

One more question if I may?
Can you run LUA scripts on a Kakute H7V2 controller??

Sure, it has 2mb flash.

I’m not sure how to load the script file. The controller doesn’t have a SD card and the MAVFtp window looks like this.

There is no LOGS directory which can be used to upload the script file.
Any idea?

Ah right. Plenty of flash but no Sd card for the script file. Hmm…

Matek H743-Slim V3 is the same price with an Sd card and 2 IMU’s…

Did you get some luck to erase and download logs again? This FC is a pain at the back. From arming the motors to downloading the logs. It might not be an Ardupilot issue. Its the flight controller itself. And there is no way you can run LUA scripts at all.

I agree, it looked good on paper and I like the video on/off function. Got the logs download working but I have found the GPS ends up as GPS2 which took a bit to work out. No SD card in the end is a pain.