Which SERIAL corresponds to Matek H743 Tx4 pad please?

I’m trying to get data from my Matek H743WING board to my Taranis X9D+2019 Tx via a FrSky RX6R Rx. The Rx SmartPort lead is connected to the H743 Tx4 pad, as specified in the manual, with - + and SBUS to 0 4.5 and Rx6 pads, and it works fine. I’ve read the wiki and the Matek manual and seen the bit about setting SERIALx_OPTION and SERIALx_PROTOCOL for data, but I can’t figure out which SERIALx represents Tx4, nor can I figure out whether I need to do anything with the _PROTOCOL or not.

Can someone who’s getting telemetry from their H743 board let me know what connections and configuration they’re using please?

TX4 is SERIAL6.

Try SERIAL6_PROTOCOL=10, SERIAL6_OPTIONS=7.

Thanks Yuri_Rage, I’ve done that, but when I go to ‘Discover sensors’ on my Tx I still don’t get any more than the 6 I had previously. Are there other settings I need to configure?

You’ll want to configure the Yaapu telemetry script to take full advantage of the passthrough data.

At the moment I’m not using yaapu; I thought I should be able to see the basic Ardupilot/Matek data in my Taranis telemetry screen just like my regular FrSky sensors, but nothing shows.

I’ve moved away from FrSky hardware in part due to the frustrations you’re experiencing. I never used the telemetry features without the added benefits of the Yaapu script, so I’m afraid I can’t help there.

I know @dkemxr has extensive experience with FrSky and ArduPilot, so perhaps he can lend a hand?

I do have several models still with Frsky Hardware but Yaapu on EdgeTx is used for everything.

Allan-Can you post your parameter file? Maybe something will be obvious.

One other data point. The only X-series Rx I’m still flying uses Fport as the protocol which doesn’t require an additional serial port for telemetry. So I have nothing to compare your setup too but I’ll take a look anyway.

Yuri_Rage, I’m paranoid about the risk of messing up my firmware and parameters, which is why I’m wary of switching from something that’s working from the flying point of view. I know FrSky should be able to send info to the Tx, so I’m happy to persevere for a while :grinning:

Dave, here is the param file before I changed SERIAL6_PROTOCOL and SERIAL6_OPTIONS to the values suggested by Yuri_Rage. All other parameters are as per this file.

Hughes 500 initial setup with H743WING FC.param (20.9 KB)

With Yuri’s additions it looks good. Did this Tx/Rx combination give you telemetry before?

I had frsky working on a 743 using tx3 and rx6 with prot 10. It was no problem
Use the matek site ‘ardupilot mapping’ table for serial port naming (they are offset ie serial 4 isn’t tx4 rx4)

Dave, the Tx is currently receiving tmp1 and tmp2 data from a FrSky SmartPort current & temparature sensor that’s been working for some years with that setup. The connection to the H743WING Tx4 pad is in parallel with the connection to the FrSky sensor.

Scott_Nunan, I can’t find anything about ardupilot mapping on the Matek site, and I find the info in the ardupilot site confusing because it gives SERIAL to UART data – no mention of ‘Tx4’ etc. which are the labels on the board. On the ardupilot page I saw mention of FrSky fport connection, but not SmarPort :unamused: Anyway, Yuri_Rage has given the answer to my specific question.

http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=h743-wing-v2#tab-id-6

The manufacturer info is very handy, the wiring diagrams and then the port assignments found on the “ardupilot mappings” link in the screenshot are very valuable when setting up a flight controller

Thank you Scott_Nunan, that diagram is what I used to connect my Rx to the board (the SBUS option), but I’ve never before seen that link that shows in your post. Very useful.

I’m rather busy today, but my next check will be to temporarily disconnect my FrSky sensor and see if that allows my Tx to ‘discover’ the data from the Matek board.

Ok let us know how you go, i had mine working on frsky all the way through to yaapu just this week so it should be still fresh in my mind so i should be able to get u going.

Am I right in assuming that yaapu won’t work if the Tx is unable to ‘discover’ the data from the Matek board?

you have inverted F port pad on the receiver. Connect it to TX4 and serial6=23 and serial options=4 with single wire telemetry and radio signal works on Yaapu. Why seperate wire for sbus and telemetry? no need that. or normal signal wire connection with serial options=7

I think you mean inverted S port pad, don’t you, Trugay? That’s all I see on the diagram in the manual.

I don’t know why separate wires for sbus and telemetry, but it works for the FrSky SmartPort sensors. The Rx is buried inside a scale fuselage at the moment, so I don’t feel it’s worth the hassle to get it out and then solder a lead to the inverted S port pad if separate leads will do the job without any soldering.

F port just allows with one wire what SBUS and SPort do with two, there is no functional improvements as far as i know. If it’s already wired it would be ok to leave as is

OK. I’ve just run a check with the FrSky sensor disconnected, and still don’t ‘discover’ any sensors other than the default A2, RSSI, and RxBt.

I still don’t see an inverted F port pad :grinning: