VL53L1X failures

Hello everyone, greetings from Colombia. I’m new to the forums but not new to using APM and PIXHAWK. Today I turn to the experts because I’m having trouble getting the VL53L1X sensor to work properly. It’s not measuring beyond 50cm. I’ve reviewed the documentation and managed to call the sensor, but it’s not functioning correctly. I’ve also tried it on an Arduino and the sensor works perfectly. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

VL53L1X

A lot of the VL53L1x lidars I have bought have had less than ideal range, the most reliable version I have found is the tof400c vl53l1x, it’s a little more expensive, but I suspect they have better quality control.

what surface are you testing against, darker surfaces are more difficult to range.

Actually, I tested several materials, including ones that could be reflective, but the sensor works fine with Arduino but not with the Pixhawk.

do you have it set as a type 16 rangefinder type 28 is for a VL53l1X in short range, also check what max range is set to.

That’s correct, the parameter is set to 16. I understand that 28 is for short-range, yet even after changing these parameters, the problem persists.

I just went and checked mine, it does work.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 172048

I tried that configuration, but the issue persists. It’s worth noting that I’m on Windows 10, using version 1.3.79 of Mission Planner, and firmware version 4.44.