Vehicle Tilting Back

Hello. My team and I are building a drone and we have been able to assemble it fully. We have tested the drone strapped down, and have ensured the RC controls are correctly mapped so the roll, pitch, and yaw controls affect the correct motors. We disconnected it from the strap-down testing, and it seems that every time we lift the throttle up the drone tilts backward. Everything is relatively symmetrical, so I don’t think this is an issue with the center of mass, however, we plan to test this tomorrow by hanging it upside down and seeing if it tilts in one direction. Though, if this does not fix the issue, what would the next step be?

I thought it would be possible to adjust the individual RC control trim parameters in Mission Planner, however every time I try I get a prearm error that the trim controls are not at zero, even though they are on the controller. Please advise.

Did you use Mission Planners Motor test function to confirm proper motor order and direction? Props off.
Center the Transmitter Trims and never change them for any reason.

No, I did not know of that function. However, I did use this website to ensure the motors outputs were in the correct order, and my team rewired the ESCs so that the directions were correct prior to putting on the props. I have centered the transmitter trims. We are going to try calibrating the accelerometer, and then if that doesn’t do much will either try Autotrim. Let me know if you have any other advice, please.

Run the Motor Test and make sure you understand which motors run when you select the A-D buttons. Of course perform the accel calibration.

Auto Trim is not advisable. Fix the existing problem.