Unused Motor 4 Servo

I built a Tricopter and programmed it with Arducopter firmware. Mission Planner and QGC both recognize it as a Tricopter with an X class frame. Mission Planner reports there is no Servo designation for motor 4 and won’t arm. It’s a Tricopter and doesn’t have a motor 4. Any suggestions?

A typical Tricopter with 3 motors and a tail servo should have servo outputs configured as Motors1, 2,4 and 7. 7 being the tail servo. Tail servo on an output timer group that’s not configured for motors which is FC dependant.

This I understand and have transferred servo7 functions to servo 4 by setting it’s value to 39, which is motor 7 but the program is calling for a servo designation for motor 4 and there is no motor 4. Is this because it is registered as an X class frame?

With a typical Tricopter configuration there is.

What does your Servo Output Screen in Mission Planner show? What FC do you have?

Actually I’m using the other typical setup with 1 going CCW and 2 going Cw.

My solution was to assign motor 4 to an unused servo and the error message went away. I also updated the firmware on the 2.4.8 to use fmuv3 and everything seems to be ok. At least I get the Ready to Fly signal.