Unlimited range HD streaming with LTE

I’m new to all of this. I’m just looking for a way to build a project where I don’t have to buy a monthly subscription to anything besides my home internet that I already have. Is that the case with your setup (or the OP’s setup for that matter?)

1 Like

I’ll tell you what’s amazing to me, besides the fact that we, the unwashed masses, have access to this amazing technology, but that here’s a guy that developed UAVcast, getting paid for subscriptions, yet he’s STILL here helping out people that want to do it this way. What an amazing community.

6 Likes

Will this also allow Control/telemetry over LTE?

Thank you a lot! I would like to recreate the project for educational purposes. Could you tell, after following all instructions you gave will it be possible to set waypoints for drone over 4G connection

1 Like

Could you post your configuration?
I will try to help but I need to understand your hardware configuration

Oh yes , you can get the control via joystick instead of radio system

I solved it thank you what I need now is how to get the encoder work with this setup ? Because I saw that you didn’t post that tutorial

1 Like

Hello can you explain me how to change the dhcp server on the apsync because i want to change the ip instead of 10.0.1 use 192.168 is that possible ?

Hi
two q
i have flash the Apsync
and connect the Pixhawk to Rpi 3.
i get the data on my pc browser (after connect to ardupilot WIFI)
but fail to connect to mission Planer on UDP 14550
and can not login with ssh (bitvize) keep getting wrong user/pswd.
not login on the terminal (kyb and screen connect to RPI) with usr & pwd apsync
Any idea ?
can i use a cellular router (a small stick with sim. put it next to the RPI) and connect the RPI to this wifi ?
Thank you

Hi
Did you change the baud rate on Telem serial that you used to 921 ?
Are you sure abotu the SSH configuration client
In this topic there are more informations

Hi
at the Bitvise SSH Client the server should be 10.0.1.128 and the port is 22 ?
i get wrong user pwd (so it find the host, wright?)
and even if i connect a monitor and keyboard to the Rpi, i get the same login incorrect …

i’ve tried flash the img again and get the same login err :frowning:
Thank you

Hi, very strange
If you get data with your pc the IP address is correct
The username is apsync and password apsync
Try to use putty

get the same “access Denied” with putty :slightly_frowning_face:
is there a way to set user/pwd ?
can i overwrite the password file (if you send me the file) ?
is there another su ?
frustrating …

this is my hardware configuration but i tried to set Encoder H.264 but i cant get it to work the HDMI goes to the camera iam using and that internet cable come from an router mini i have, i really appreciate the help thank you

Hi
i have connect the GOPRO and get pic.
but i must rotate it by 180…
how do i rotate the image ?
what are the cmd for it?
thank you
Ram

Do you think the RPi4 has the power to encode video without a dedicated encoder? Trying to save some weight and a little more latency is ok.

guys just a general question about this topic for raspberrypi expert regarding this setup, could we use 4g phone data (usb tethering) instead of 4g usb modem? you know phone plan these days come with lots of data and we almost use them…thank you

1 Like

Try open HD , it also provide telemetry data on same channel

Happy flying :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Moksh, I will have a look in it