Unicore UM982 Moving baseline issue

Hi!
I’m faced with strange thing
I have several Pix32 V6 from Holybro and Unicore UM982 2 antenna GNSS recievers.
Till now i used 4.5 Ardurover firmware configured to use Unicore as a heading device. Everithing worked fine till today. I made another boat 100% the same with previous, uppload the same firmware, using Mission Planer, apply the same configuration file.
But result wasn’t the same - My boat wasn’t able to get heading from GNSS.
There is no “Unicore moving baseline” option in MP. I also tryed 4.4 Firmware - the same.
Somethind changed in Unicore support or there is some changes in settings?
I also tryed to create custom firmware, where NMEA Unicore support is enabled. No changes in MP - no Unicore option.
Here is a link to the folder with my firmware, build log and parameters file
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16QOofkYdSEmOYY2QpQZT9z4e6Cka-OUq?usp=sharing

1 Like

I have a same issue with UM982. With 4.4.4 firmware, GPS_TYPE does not show Unicore Moving Baseline (25). It only shows up to GPS_TYPE=23.

OP, Have you solved this problem? I am considering updating the firmware to 4.5, but that does not seem to help according to your post.

Hi, Kim!
No, i didn’t solve yet. ((

Seems I solved the problem. New 4.5.0 oficial firmware is working with UM982!

Does the heading work well?
Today I tested with ArduCopter 4.4 it reports GPS but the heading does not work that well.
Tomorrow I will test with ArduCopter 4.5.2.

Recently I flashed my Pix32 with new 4.5.2 official FW and it works well. I’m happy now)

Hi,

I also tested with 4.5.2 however I still get no heading data. It may be that I have a bad configuration on the UM982.
Further analysing the yaw output it is not good. It is stuck at 65535.

Can you share your configuration on the UM982?
Also the GPS settings of the ArduPilot.

I do not have the Pix32. I have a Matek H743 but having the GPS settings of the ArduPilot will allow me to check if I have configured it well.