Ublox C099-F9P integration. Pixhawk 2.4.8

Hello,

Please ask for any advice regarding the connection the C099-F9P with autopilot . Pixhawk 2.4.8.

The boards in my picture are connected according to Ublox video https://youtu.be/5MXh63XDfdY variant Wifi connect.

If you could be so kind and send me:

Diagram of connection C099-F9P to Pixhawk 2.4.8 port GPS

Several pictures settings of Rover in U-center

Several pictures settings of Pixhawk in Mission planner

Thank you very much in advance for any advice

Nobody answered for a long time so I tested and it worked :slight_smile: . Ublox C099-F9P connection to Pixhawk, U-Center settings, Mission Planner GPS type 5.

I read a lot of criticism about the ODIN module on the C099-F9P card. It is said to be complicated and complicated to use. I wondered why someone as ingenious as the creators of ZED F9P would sell us such a difficult-to-use C099-F9P device. There is no need to upgrade Mbed, it is enough as it is. It’s ingeniously connected, compact and easy to use !!!

1st part
-According to the Ublox video about 16 min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MXh63XDfdY set one card as Bluetoth Rover using Terraterm,
-The phone’s wifi remains free for later connection of the phone to the Internet.
-Pair with a mobile phone using bluetoth
-Run Ntrip Client on your mobile phone

Part 2
-connect USB second cards - Base to PC
-Start U-center. In the U-center, start the NTRIP server.
-Use the bluetoth mobile phone connected to Rover to connect to its own NTRIP server running in U.center. You have a free wifi interface, it can be used to connect to the internet.

You can also connect the Base to a PC using Wifi Odin. then there is no need for a cable between the PC and the Base.

If you are on the same subnet everything is ok. If you are outside the subnet, it is necessary to set up a router to redirect you from the external Internet to the internal IP computer running the U-center with the server.
No need for a complex public Ntrip server.
No need to reinstall ODIN.

It’s so ingeniously simple and compact ZedF9P + Odin
forms a great whole.
I apologize for the machine translation into English.
Thanks
Jirka

Did you managed to connected the boards with the pixhawk without problems?

Yes, according to the diagram above and GPS TYPE5 settings in Mission Planner

This post by @ktrussell is also important for C099-E9P integration.

1 Like