uAvioni Ping ADS-B receiver data on flight screen

I have just connected the ADS-B receiver to the Pixhawk, connected the pixhawk to my PC and started mission planner.

All is working fine. I can see the airplanes and when I mouse over the airplane I can see an ICAO number.

But I don’t see any other information like altitude, heading and speed.

Is it supposed to be like that or should I see those details as well. If yes, how to enable this view?

Anthony,

I can confirm that it does not display heading and speed of the ADSB-enabled craft, but it should display the altitude ASL in meters (not labeled with units) at the end of the text field when you hover over them. See the selected aircraft in the image below:

Thanks for your answer. So it seems I’m doing nothing wrong. Actually, altitude is already the most important information to know. But it’s only shown if I mouse over the plane.

Maybe this is something that could be implemented in mission planner? Just showing the airplanes without any information isn’t very useful…

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly - I have particular difficulty with it, as I often use a rugged laptop with a tiny touchpad: that makes it difficult to mouse over as the plane is “running away”.

The design decision may have to do with cluttering of the UI, or that there were performance concerns with additional continually displayed floating text.

This would make a good feature request issue on the GitHub.

Edit: I was going to recommend calling out Michael Oborne, but it seems you’ve already done so.

Yeah. Let’s see what happens. I don’t know how to use github. I’m a bit of a nitwit on IT. I hope he reads it.

@Evan110011
Hi there. I didn’t receive any reply. Do you know how to put it on Github? I’m sorry, but I have no idea how to do that.

I’ll open an issue for you guys. Here it is: https://github.com/ArduPilot/MissionPlanner/issues/2067

Thank you very much!