TX16S Failsafe mode and TX16S copter feedback

Hello everyone,

I come to you because I have an issue and question about my Radiomaster TX16S Mark II radio command. Here is its setup :
- TX16S Mark II with Edge TX Black Pearl 2.7.1 as the transmeter.
Its radio configuration is : Mode - MULTI / RF Protocol - Frsky D8 / Module status - V1.3.3.7 AETR in the internal RF section and its external RF configuration is off.
- Radiomaster R81 receiver 8 channels with protocol D8 and SBUS as output format on my copter.

Here is the issue :
I did all the settings and calibrations on the both TX16S and R81 to allow them to talk each other, however I cannot find the Failsafe section on the model in the TX16S. I searched every where on the internet, even in the TX16S datasheet but nothing appears about the Failsafe mode on a TX16S with Edge TX, did any one has any idea or explanation about it?

Here is my other question :
I wonder if it is possible to my TX16S to have the battery status of my Copter (with a Pixhawk 6X flight controller) or not? (for example when the copter is on battery Failsafe mode)
If it’s possible, how can I do to set that ability on the TX16S?

I’m waiting to read your answers and explanation :grinning:

Regarding the battery status:
Have a look at the Yaapu FrSky Telemetry Script for OpenTX wiki page.

I can’t help with failsafe setup with FrSky on tx16s unfortunately.

Should probably just set the receiver failsafe option to “no pulses” and that’s it. There isn’t a transmitter failsafe so far as I know.

Thank you for your answer, but it seems that this solution works only on OpenTX transmitters according to the documentation here : Passthrough FrSky Telemetry Protocol — Copter documentation .

About the Failsafe mode on the TX16S with Edge TX, I searched in the parameters of the model and this mode is available but only with the MULTI FrSky X modes but not with the MULTI FrSky D (FrSky D8, FrSky D16…) or MULTI FrSky V modes.
So I will stay on the built-in Failsafe mode of the Radiomaster R81 receiver I use. :man_shrugging:

OpenTX and EdgeTX are not that different and I can tell from personal experience that telemetry and yaapu on EdgeTX works as desribed in section 2.4 and 2.5 of the methodic tuning guide. Yes, I’ve used FrSky over CRSF and not native FrSky but that shouldn’t make a difference.

2 Likes

Based on the R81’s manual, it appears the only failsafe option is to hold preset values. As such, you can expect that ArduPilot will may not detect a radio failsafe.

You can try configuring it to output low throttle on failsafe and follow these instructions for autopilot settings:

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/radio-failsafe.html#receiver-configuration-for-low-throttle-method

I would choose a different receiver for use with ArduPilot.

1 Like