Two Include Geofences will never work

I flew twice yesterday at two different locations. At the first location I set up a geofence around the field for safety. Then I took the plane to another field. When I got there I set up a new geofence around the second field.

As soon as enabled the fence on the plane it failesafed. In the air as soon as I set to FBWA or Stabilize it failsafed. I was very confused as I was inside the fence I had set it failsafe. Nothing I could do. Of course it was failsafing because of the other fence I had set, but that fence did not show on my map, so I literally forgot that it was there.

Of course when I came home and zoomed out I saw the other geofence, but it made me thing that it should not be possible to set up two “Include” fences that don’t overlap right?

There is a note in the wiki, says:

You can define many inclusion and exclusion fences. However,multiple inclusions fences, including the cylindrical fences must overlap, since the vehicle can operate only within the complete overlap area of all of the inclusion fences. Exclusion fences may be placed within or outside of inclusion fences.

So probably you have at least one inclusion fence that does not overlap with other(s), am I right?

1 Like

Yup - that’s what happened, but because they were about 10km apart, I couldn’t see the other one on the map when I was looking at my current flight field because it was zoomed in (automatically) on the field I was flying in, so I forgot the other one was there until noticed that something was wrong and zoomed waaaay out.

1 Like