Two Axis Gimbal Design

Corrado_Steri

I looked at both of these cameras.

1. Hasselblad h6d-100c 100mpix seems way to big to fit into any type of fixed wing or VTOL design.
  2. Sony a7r iv 61mpix seems to be a better fit for fixed wing.

a) What was your reasoning to pick these two?
b) Is it safe to assume that the Sony will work with Seagull system?
c) Do you use Quads or Fixed wing planes?
d) What is considered a good alt to for aerial mapping. Are there any good engineering documents out there to read?

Someone also mentioned in another thread, Fighter VTOL 4+1 fixed wing “The main application in the mapping is to take photos, shutter 1/1000s, and the Angle of RLL and pitch is best within 3 degrees”

Can you expand on what do you mean by “radio phocus” you mean manual focus or camera adjusting focus based on height and speed?

p.s. You started a good debate on Ardupilot hardware in other thread. I am with you 100%. 10 years behind.

This is a very neat design by you guys…

How much? :slight_smile:

Hi,
just based on the question raised and to complete the “picture” of 2-axis UAV gimbals, I add here the following “off-the-shelf DIY” solution

https://hobbyking.com/de_de/2-axial-uav-gimbal.html

I am aware that this might not the quality you’re looking for, but maybe somebody else looking for a cheap solution without the need of additional electronics and/or extensive calibration work…

1 Like

This looks interesting. I can try to change the servos with the two brushless motors “or” there some really fast high speed digital servos can be tried out.

I think I will have to design the frame from scratch and CNC the fiber plates to cut them off and make my own frame.