The Greatest Puzzle of All Time - Path Wobble

Adrian,
That turn radius is quite important as you need to get the craft going at the speed you intend to do your ‘missions’ at, and do the following:

1 - with all RC trims centred, get the craft going perfectly straight (this is a physical adjustment on your steering link)
2 - do a full 360 turn to port
3 - do a full 360 turn to starboard

Take those trails (I use a small Lowrance EliteTi5" to record my trail) and measure the radius on the EliteTi. Or you can convert them to Google (KML) then measure in Google Earth the diameter of those circles - they should be within a meter of two with port being slightly smaller due to prop torque in the water.

1 Like

The PID’s and FF are a bit strange for a boat I think.

I think I agree. One thing I thought to do was up that period as the documentation directed for slower moving craft to do so.

However, im thinking now that the P needs to be increased as to allow the autopilot to correct earlier instead of over steering.

Am I correct in thinking that increasing my P value will help the turn become shorter?

I have found that FF of 2 at least. P and I should be equal. D of 0. Then work on your NAVL1.

Personally I believe that a day will come where all the bloated code will be removed from Rover, and JUST the code that pertains to a Rover will remain, and THAT is when things will start to work right.

1 Like

Hey …

I missed speed_turn_gain and speed_turn_dist in rover 4.0 for my german baitboat …
Wp_overshoot 1m, atc_accel_max and atc_accel_max 0.5 and more has no effect …
Wp_speed 1m / s …

This is difficult!

Hey…

Ich vermisse speed_turn_gain und speed_turn_dist in rover 4.0 für mein german baitboat…
Wp_overshoot 1m , atc_accel_max und atc_accel_max 0,5 und mehr hat keine wirkung…
Wp_speed 1m/s…

Das ist schwierig!