Terrain-following mode resulting in an alternating altitude

I tried terrain-following mode on my quadcopter with changing the altitude type to “terrain” in flight plan section (Terrain Following (in Auto, Guided, etc) — Copter documentation), and I’m using TFmini-lidar (Benewake TFmini / TFmini Plus lidar — Copter documentation), but my copter was flying in an alternating altitude around the setpoint altitude. Is this a characteristic of the mode, and how do i make the altitude stable? Thanks in advance

*maybe you can ignore the unusual high altitude there, it was when the copter went to althold mode, and going uncontrollable

What procedure did you followed to configure and tune this vehicle? Is this your first arducopter build? How sure are you that you did not miss a configuration step? How sure are you that you configured it using a correct sequence of steps that do not depend on a previously not executed step?

1 Like

I did accelerometre, compass, ESC, and Radio calibration, set the parametres according to Benewake TFmini / TFmini Plus lidar — Copter documentation, for the lidar, i also set the setting in flight plan accordingly. After all, i’m pretty sure i did the steps correctly, but if there’s a mistake or unexecuted steps, please tell me about it

2024-06-30 09-27-58.bin (975.1 KB)

• Did copter follow the terrain up and down?
  • What kind of effect do you expert as stable?

I think the copter is just following the terrian altitude as you configured. Maybe the range finder (TFmini-lidar ) is NOT working properly??? Have you sucessfully configured?

1 Like

I just remembered that i haven’t done the tuning yet, should i do autotune to make it stable? By stable i mean it does not alternate that much around the setpoint altitude in the mission.

That’s not something you conveniently “just remember.” All of your questions are a bit moot until you follow the proper documentation and configuration steps…

Your other thread shows you are familiar with the wiki and can find the relevant sections. Start at the beginning.

1 Like

Thank for the answer, i will try to follow the documentations carefuly from the beginning🙏🏼

1 Like

This time use the methodic configurator instead of mission planner

1 Like