Taranis vs. Horus vs. Jumper - Which one to select and why?

I have one of those RC Clubs across the street from my house. They fly a lot of giant scale but mostly they drink coffee and shoot the bull. They are not very enthusiastic about multirotors.

I know thats why 6 times a year I go to CA just To fly. We even flew off a local airport in Northern Cal. Moon lake. We have part 107 and the tower guy came out and enjoyed with us :slight_smile:

My local field sucks. The CA flying field, each bench has electric, wifi, totally up to date… its a member only club…

https://www.lferc.com/

Cool. My brother-in-law lives ~1hr from there (Richmond) and we had planned on visiting in May/June until the world stopped.

If u go there let me know. My cousin will get you a free day pass. He lives in Danville

Open TX is what won me over from Futaba… I think I might order a Jumper T18 Pro when they come out to see how it compares with my Horus 10s

On a different note, Our family cockatiel with a brain size of a penut performs the best maneuvers inside the house and perfect landings on my head and can build her own nest!!!

Has built in lost finder…screams @20db !!!

With all our electronics and AI we cant even do 15% of what she can do lol :slight_smile:

We are too far behind…

I went to CA this year to attend human flying drones sponsored by Boeing. Interesting designs…

The giant ESCs are made by some company in Ukraine…

OK thanks, might take you up on that!

The Radiomaster is looking good. But a Multi protocol internal supporting R9 is interesting.

Offtopic but did any of the boing aircraft actualy fly with a human, or at all. The drone racing league are close.

When the exhibit was open for public, that day none of these proto types were flown or demonstrated to audience so it wasn’t very exciting to visit this show. From a knowledge perspective, yes it was fun. I don’t think any of these can fly at this point.

I’m looking at a data sheet for the T18 and it claims “only” 300mW 915Mhz power for the 5in1 internal module. It will be interesting to see if it’s fixed. settable and/or uses adaptive power like the Frsky module does.But as we have seen before these preliminary specs often change by time the product hits the shelves.

It’s also interesting that the high end Pro model is using resistive pots rather than Hall sensors.A $10 pot but still back to the future.

The Pro Pots are being claimed as a big deal. Same as the Futaba 18sz radio.

Who knows

If you buy the Jumper T18 Pro you don’t need the R9M anymore…interesting…

If the preliminary specs are right that’s true to 300mw transmitting power. The R9M module on FCC protocol has adaptive Tx power up to 1W. That’s the mode I always use.

Very clever engineering and marketing strategy to draw FrySky audience. $189 pre order…hmm I may buy one. Pretty cheap compare to $2000 Futaba 18MZ…

My Taranis was sold in less than 1 day for $218…interesting…now waiting on Horus X10S

So at this moment I open Tx free :slight_smile:

An X9D for $218? Huh, didn’t know they held that much value.

Yep… and a used one. I think there is shortage out there.