Support for Flywoo F745 Nano

I’ve just confirmed with Flywoo online chat that the Goku F745 is now/still shipping with 512kB for the reason stated (chip shortage). I’ve cancelled my order and am just waiting to hear if they can tell me if you can know what you have in your hands by looking at it. I’m thinking old stock from a retailer maybe. I’ll update this thread when I find this out. In the mean time, as I select another FC, can anyone tell me if the 1mb spec is needed regardless of the FC model chosen? This could be a factor for me if this chip shortage is widespread.

You can know by looking at the chip - G == 1Mb, E == 512k

For ArduPilot you need at least 1Mb

You need a picture of the MCU to determine what version it is. The 1MB Ardupilot-compatible version is STM32F745VGH6
The 512kb version that is not Ardupilot compatible is STM32F745VEH6
Here is a picture showing the MCU you want:

I have also been in contact with Flywoo about this. Please reach out to them and tell them you’re interested in Ardupilot-compatible FCs. Hopefully if they see there is enough demand they will release new Ardupilot compatible FCs as chips become available.
More discussion here:

OK got it. What that retailer shows now is the 512kb version.

The Flywoo rep. didn’t know about the G and E. He has told me though that they are expecting a chip shipment at the end of the month (November) and they will begin shipping with 1mb some time after that. I have to say they were really good about the order cancel/refund (immediate). Good thing I posted this within an hour of ordering. I did make sure they know (email also) that I cancelled the order because I need to run Ardupilot. Hopefully it sinks in - doesn’t get much more real for them than to have £90 in their bank account one minute and then having to refund it an hour later.
Now I need to find a replacement. I need as small as possible, but the Cube Purple on the mini base is looking attractive.

Matek H743-Mini? I like them.

Or KakuteF7Mini v2 - always a family favorite

1 Like

Wow, where has this beauty been all my life (well, the last 5 or 6 days anyay)? The mini wasn’t listed on the supported hardware on ardupilot.org so it stayed below my radar.
It definitely ticks all of the boxes ("…designed to heavily support Ardupilot…"). Thanks. Leading contender at the moment.

I just made an interesting discovery today. I recently picked up a used Flywoo Explorer LR HD V2, which comes with the Goku F745 Nano stack. I looked at the MCU and was disappointed to find it was the VE variant, so I would not be able to use it with Ardupilot. Today, I happened to plug the FC in and had the STM32Cube programmer open, so I connected and was surprised to see it reporting 1Mb of flash. I grabbed the Arducopter hex file for the FlywooF745Nano, and was able to upload it successfully! I’ll need to shuffle around some UARTs from stock, but everything appears to be working properly.

So, check your F745 FCs! Some might support Ardupilot even if the markings indicate otherwise.

1 Like

I have since tested several Flywoo Goku F745 Nano FCs with the STM32F745VE6 MCU, and all report 1Mb flash in STM32Cube programmer and are able to be flashed with Ardupilot. Can someone else confirm?

1 Like

I ordered 2 of these recently (Feb '22) - one direct from Flywoo and the other from GetFPV and both report 512 in the STM32 Programmer. Its a bummer, cause I’m having motor stability issues in iNav and I’m convinced its iNav itself.

I’m pretty sure the parts they are now calling “pro” are 1Mb parts. They used to say this on the website though …

I just successfully flashed the GOKU F475 AIO V1.2 without issue. Although I am confused about the build contents, is this flashing the full proper Ardupilot, or is it stripped of features because of the 1mb flash size?

Take note that the flash required Zadig to properly establish the write link (windows 10)

All 1mb boards will be lacking the full compliment of features that fit a 2mb board. Use the Custom Firmware Builder perhaps if you want to trade off features.

Is there a feature size/ manifest allowing us to determine what is included versus what will fit? Also could you shoot me that link, I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks bro.

Google “Arducopter custom firmware builder”
Build server

Hey there, i am using same configuration, but i have got elrs v3.0.2. flywoo f745 nano with 1mb ram, i have loaded latest firmware version for nano. However i am finding difficult to get the RC input, i am using radio master zoro 4 in one. I have setup serial 3, rc protocol 513, rssi 3, serial op 23. Can you halp me out

Try Setting it to 1 (all) which includes CRSF.

Not working, i trieed to connect sbus as well, but it seems like there is something missing from firmware side ?

It’s possible they have updated the board design - we are currently trying to diagnose issues with its bigger brother