Suggestions for improvements to parameters in Plane 4.5

Found another one today.
DSPOILR and DSPOILER prefix. Seems some devs are at least in favor of dropping the E, since we can’t add it every where.

1 Like

Yes it seems like there is class of “user” parameters and another class of “back end” or “system” parameters that users would rarely if ever change (e.g. EKF). In most cases these are very separate (TECS and maybe AHRS seem to belong to both classes).

In an ideal case you never have to go into the full parameter list/tree for a basic aircraft and all the main “user” parameters are tied to a GUI in MP or QGC - but idk if that will ever happen.

1 Like

Also - given that this ties somewhat closely to GCS UI, I am going to link the open discussion for MP recommendations going on here: MP UI Open Discussion

We are getting close to 4.5 testing (i think 4.4 is pretty close to final release) - so I was wondering what the best way of collecting info for the devs would be. Continue posting on this forum post?

Also - I don’t know how the decision is made about jumping from 4.X to 5, but this seems like a pretty major change where jumping to 5 makes sense.

There is an issue in GitHub. A lot of suggestions have been included there. 4.5 parameter rename tracking list · Issue #23580 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

1 Like