SPM4651T with SRXL2

I give up ;).

I am trying to make my SRXL2 receiver to work with latest ardupilot copter.
I have Kakute F4 AIO V2 flight controller, and before I started messing with ardupilot, I checked on BetaFlight, and everything worked perfectly there, including telemetry etc.

I have receiver wired to T6 pin witch corresponds to SERIAL1 according to manual ?
And I did set it up to:
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL=23
SERIAL1_OPTIONS=4
But still nothing, what BAUD should be set up but I am assuming it doesn’t matter for this protocol.
Firmware I have is copter 4.1.0-FIRMWARE_VERSION_TYPE_DEV
What am I doing wrong ?

You need SERIAL_OPTIONS = 4.
8 is for swapping TX/RX - 4 is for half-duplex

I am sorry, it’s actually 4 , I must have pasted it wrong.
I’ve edited previous post.

But still no luck

Baud rate shouldn’t matter but set it to 115 just to be sure.

Still no luck

I am thinking that I might be missing some steps somewhere? Or some additional config?
Receiver connected to TX6 -> SERIAL1, that was working fine with BetaFlight.

Receiver is already bind and led is solid, but I still get nothing in here

It must be something simple, as I only just started looking at this, I probably missed something important

115 not 155.

What RX do you have?

Unfortunately still nothing
RX is SPM4651T

I have one of those and it works fine, so its either your configuration or its your FC setup. I’m wondering if its because there is no ALT config for RCIN and so the timer based input is always enabled. Are you able to build the firmware yourself? Also double and triple check you are connected to the TX pin and not the RX pin.

I am not able to build my firmware just yet, but that’s not a problem I will look into it.

Like I said, it was working fine with BetaFlight exactly same way, I only changed the firmware so far.

About the other stuff, I am too new to understand what do you mean :wink: but as a software eng I am picking up pretty quick, so I will look into that.

Is there any way I can debug it ?

If you are able to build then there is some debug you can enable in the SRXL2 driver

I am on it now,
Are we talking building MissionPlanner or Copter?

Copter, libraries/AP_RCProtocol/AP_RCProtocol_SRXL2.cpp

Sorry to be pain, I was about to build it but got Could not find the program ['arm-none-eabi-ar'] on waf configure

I am trying to find solution but maybe that’s something trivial ? missing library or something. I am building in windows with python 3

If you are on windows then you should use WSL and install as for ubuntu

I really must be missing something obvious ?
How it know to use SXRL2 ? is there any setup for that ?

Edit:
Well, it started working all of the sudden …
Thank you for your help, It’s actually good that I can build it myself now

Its auto-detected - the magic of ardupilot.

Good that it’s working. If you work out what the problem was let me know

You can force SRXL2 through the use of RC_PROTOCOLS

(sorry I couldn’t reply due to noobie limitation here)
I am not sure, I did reconnected it all (power and USB), but also I’ve set all unused Serials to -1, maybe that was it for now I only have GPS and Receiver connected

the only thing currently I can’t make work, is RSSI send back to receiver and to transmitter,
RSSI is visible HUD, but no matter what channel I am sending it to (tried 6-12) It’s not reflecting on my transmitter, but that might be due to my transmitter is not supporting it I think.

Use RSS_TYPE = 3, then it will work. You don’t need to send it on a channel.

I do use type 3 as I’ve seen it somewhere. I have it on my HUD i Mission Planner. so it probably works.
just I think my transmitter doesn’t have option to display it.
But other than that. I am loving it ;).
GUI could be more user friendly, but other than that, it’s very good I like to have a control on anything I want.
Once again, thank you for your help

Interesting, I plugged it all back today, added SCA/SCL compass didn’t change any setting yet, but receiver is not working again