SpeedyBee F405 Wing Firmware

Strangely Speedybee provide a file that they say is “Ardupilot Stable Firmware”, linked at:

direct link here: https://store-fhxxhuiq8q.mybigcommerce.com/product_images/img_SpeedyBee_F405_WING_APP/ArduPilot_Stable_Firmware.rar

It says that it is Arduplane 4.3.5. However when you go to ArduPilot firmware : /Plane/stable-4.3.5
it isn’t listed! Is this a version they’ve made themselves?

At the moment I have the latest/dev firmware on it while I’m configuring. Don’t want to fly on that really though… but I also don’t want to brick my FC as it sounds like others above may have done?

I tried flashing the firmware and not connecting until it had been rebooted, and that worked. It will connect if you don’t reboot it, but only the first time. Thanks

It’s under the “Latest” firmware section:

PLANE:
ArduPilot firmware : /Plane/latest/SpeedyBeeF405WING

COPTER (and HELI):
ArduPilot firmware : /Copter/latest/SpeedyBeeF405WING
ArduPilot firmware : /Copter/latest/SpeedyBeeF405WING-heli

I just bought this FC and flashed it with the 4.3.5 firmware from their website through Inav and it worked. Tried disconnecting-reconnecting, plug-unplug the cable multiple times and it still works in mission planner.

I just ran into the same issue, can’t enable DFU anymore. Have you, by any chance, sorted it out?

Same problem here, I think. While having latest firmware loaded onto my FC, i can’t enter DFU mode anymore to load a custom firmware. Any solution?

I tried entering the DFU mode with the Wireless board unplugged, but it didn’t work.

Any resolution to this? I have iNav installed right now, but want to move over to my usual Arduplane setup - but if there’s still an issue I’ll wait of course.

Thanks…

I have a SpeedyBee F405Wing running 4.5.0Dev and one running on 4.4.0 Stable, both with no issues flying VTOL aircraft. I had to load with iNav firmware flasher as the Betaflight flasher complained about address not available.

Thanks Stephen - I’ll give it a try.

In my case i forgot to unplug the GPS module from one of the COM ports (can’t remember which one it was), which was colliding with entering the DFU mode, so i think, if you unplug things from the corresponding COM port, there should be no issue updating.

1 Like

Thanks,

It’s solve my problem.

1 Like

What fw file did you use for 4.4.0 ? The hex or hex with bheli ?

I used arduplane_with_bl.hex

It’s not a hex with blheli, it’s a hex with bootloader.

1 Like

Thank you!
I have it loaded and Mission planner is connecting now and I’m in ! Thanks for your help and time!

Does the buzzer work for you guys? Mine isn’t working. I’m on the latest stable 4.4.2 but started at 4.4.0. Has never worked.

There is a small switch.

yeah it’s on. Has never worked for me. I have another one and same problem.

For me the buzzer works when i flash inav, bu it doesn’t work on any ardupilot releases. Probably some configuration issue

Connect it to direct INAV while pressing the Boot button and also turn on no rebooot sequence and flash on connect before connecting