Some soldering required

Thanks Alex.
Still the same.
I will try to make another one this weekend. But what puzzles me because it is able to receive the Vertical Speed but that’s only it.

You get vspd because I expose it to OpenTX even if I do not get telemetry from the RX, it’s a minor issue that I have to fix.

To test connectivity you have to unset the yaapu script from the telemetry page and only then do the remove and discovery to check for GPS which is the only discoverable sensor sent by ardupilot

1 Like

Hello alex, here are some of the sensors that my Horus recognizes, but the script still does not work, am I doing something wrong?

. I could not upload the second image, so I’ve put a link to my NAS http://gofile.me/6wrvR/wwqK0khE0

The script only supports ardupilot frsky passthrough protocol.
You select it in mission planner as serial protocol 10.

With this protocol you will discover only GPS.

What is your current setup?
Which version of ardupilot are you running and how did you setup telemetry?
Which cable are you using with which autopilot?

Hi Alex,

Great script !! I have installed it in my Horus X10S. My setup is a hexacopter with pixhawk 2,1(ardupilot version 3.5). I am confused about the telemetry cable. I will try the above setup for the cable and try. One more question. When I turn off the transmitter and turn it on back again the script stops running and I get back the old openTX screen, is there any way to start the script automatically when the transmitter is turned on?
Thanks

Hi @Pavan,
the current Horus version is not a widget and cannot be started at radio power on.
Widgets have many limts, lower priority for instance and cannot accept user input from the radio buttons, that’s the reason why I choose to write a script to run as “one time” and as such cannot be started automatically.

For specific questions about the script you can also use the other thread, this one is more “cabling” oriented :slight_smile:

cheers,
Alex

Thanks for this mod Luis. Very usefull and working !

Tried making one of these cables as well. Connected Telemetry2 on the Cube to S.Port, set SERIAL2_PROTOCOL to 10 in Mission Planner, yet discovery on the X7 (with or without yaapu running) gives no sensors. The board doesn’t heat up though, so I may have messed up the soldering.

the most common error I’ve seen is with mixing RX and TX lines.

Not sure of the pinout of the Cube, but just wired another one to plug on the PixHack v5 serial 2 port and worked the 2nd time (Yeah, I mixed RX and TX :smile: :blush:) and connected to a X4R receiver

I believe that I made a confusing comment regarding the cabling. I have the Horus script now running on my Horus and the cable I made is connected to the cube. It is the same as Luis is showing at the beginning. No swapping of Rx and Tx.
Sorry for that.

I’ve spent hours and hours trying to get this working, building cables from the FUL-1 and from this guide, to no avail. Honestly I wish I’d bought the Craft and Theory solution from the beginning, it would have saved me a lot of time and money…

:joy:

C’mon @fnoop I can do one of these in less than 5 minutes (and this includes warm up time of the soldering iron and crimping pins for the plugs), and 10 minutes if you mix the rx/tx lines :slight_smile: so it’s more or less the same time as pressing the buy it now button on a web browser :rofl:

Also, test this with everything on (Radio and rc receiver), because the telemetry protocol is only active when the receiver demands for it, and this is the same either for store bought or diy adapters…

I sat down during the footie last night and I just about had it finished at the end of penalties - you may be able to do it in 5 mins but the vast majority of people who want to fly a drone can’t. I’m not a soldering newbie but I hate cables and components, life’s just too short. Anyway I’ve got it made now, thanks for your instructions. The components are tiny and you end up with a neat cable.
It’s still not working, but who knows what that’s about…

Got it finaly working with 2 diodes on Onmibus with X4R sb. With the first board and 1 diode the board got very hot. Even after putting the second diode. So I was happy I ordered 4 of them :wink:
Thanks for lay-out and ‘wiki’ :+1:

Well… that also didn’t work out. After the 4th boot it also burned out… and the 3th one also on my pixhawk with x8r…

Wim, would be good to see some photos of your implementation to try and figure why you are having these issues. Cheers

Hi Paul,
looks like some batches of those MAX3232 boards do have issues, I have 10 of them that would work, get very hot and eventually burn.
I have found references https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/122769/max3232-overheating-burnt-after-connecting-to-pc of similar problems and all ultimately point to defective chips, I guess it’s just a matter of luck :slight_smile:

I just got a batch of 10 and sent one to Wim. I need to test these I guess! Thanks for the heads up Alex.

I found out the same. If I connect the PC to the FC the 3232 get,s very hot. No PC connection via USB no problems, all is working and stays cool.

These are really a lottery to get good chips. I’m sorry for all the hassle :slight_smile:

I also think its a lotery😜
I can try to make a photo, but the only one I have left is the one from Paul :joy: the rest is gone…
The only setup that is working good is with the 2 transistors and 3 resistors. Than I have a super transmitter Thanks to Yaapu :+1: