[Solved] Need help in reversing the secure bootloader

Hello Everyone,

I need some help in reversing the secure boot.

I was following the process of securing the firmware on my CubeOrange on Win11 using WSL1 Ubuntu 22.04 distribution. After following the process of building and uploading the secure bootloader, I flashed it using mavproxy.

Now to verify, I followed the Windows procedure of checking the string. It does show the secure string but now I am not able to boot up the device. As mentioned in the doc, I assume it is a bootloader cycle which is failing the boot check.

It would be great if someone to guide me through reverting the device back to its original state.

Note: I used Copter-4.3.5 to build the secure boot.

Thanks.

Update

I uploaded the Signed firmware again using the process mentioned in the documentation. This time the system did upload and boot as expected.

Have you flashed firmware signed with a key that’s onboard?

Yes, I generated the keys and used those to flash the firmware. To verify, I tried to install a firmware from the Mission Planner which helped to give the secure string in device manager

I would try standard update procedure with your signed firmware. Other than that it looks like your only venue is contacting dev team and getting help from the designated developer.

Alright, thank you for helping out.

I am also doing same process, but I am not able to flash the bootloader.
Once firmware become secure, I can’t connect it through MAVProxy/Mission Planeer/ QGC.

[45820.211631] usb 1-2: Product: CubeOrange±Secure-BL-v10

[45820.211633] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: CubePilot

[45820.212309] usb 1-2: SerialNumber: 2F0052001851313334373032

[45820.221937] cdc_acm 1-2:1.0: ttyACM4: USB ACM device

eshma@Myubuntu:~/coptor4.3.5/ardupilot-Copter-4.3.5$ mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyACM4

Connect /dev/ttyACM4 source_system=255

Log Directory:

Telemetry log: mav.tlog

Waiting for heartbeat from /dev/ttyACM4

MAV>
Pl
MAV> link 1 down

Can you please let me how you flashed bootloader?