[solved]Help in Autotune crash - what went wrong

This is a very common misunderstanding of closed loop control. Rcout is the command signal as you state. If the feedback from the command is not responsive it will increase the command. And so on until full throttle output. Then logically the opposing motor output is decreased in an attempt to stabilize the attitude.

1 Like

Thank you all for the elaborate responses, now I can truly say I learned something new today.

I just returned from the field where I tried initially @hosein_gh way and didn’t have any problems.

So, I changed to Loiter and took of to about 1 meter.
I started to do very light P/R and after that yaw as well, there was no problem.

Than I just let it hang in the air and after a minute or so suddenly it twitched really hard for a second and it regained control, that’s when I landed.

So, now I need to decide if it’s the ESC or the motor. The ESC is 4in1 F55A from T-Motor.

Or do I need both?

Thank you
Gal

An idea to try: tie the quad with rubbers so can fly without crash risk, determine what motor fail if you dont determine yet, then rotate the motor with another one and try again to see if motor fail in another position or esc fail in the same position to determine who is the culprit

1 Like

@gnitzan as you said

do you set everything in this page step by step ?
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/tuning-process-instructions.html

1 Like

@cala2 excellent idea, since I already know it’s either motor 1 or esc 1…

Great, that’s what I shall do.

1 Like

Yes I did. However I was lucky just now to see it because the motor/esc regained power and continued to fly, than I landed.

this is how the ESC1.RPM is dropping and RCOut1 rising

Hello all, just to conclude this issue, I have replaced the 4in1 ESC and everything is fine. Had a few flight already without any problems.
Thank you all for your great support.
Gal

1 Like