Smart Audio with Skystars F405

Hi everyone!
I customized a hwdef.dat file to run Ardupilot on Skystars F405, since this board wasn’t supported yet. Compiled the firmware without problems.
Everything works fine and I can do missions and the quad is flying ok. Recently I installed a simple camera and the XF5805 video transmitter, the cam and transmitter are working ok, image is fine, OSD is fine, but I can’t change the transmitter’s band/channel through the Mission Planner software (changes in the parameters tree don’t take effect), I can’t see the video transmitter on-screen menu using the RC either. I believe the problem is the communication between the FC and the XF5805 (SmartAudio).
Just to test, I flashed Betaflight firmware and using the same hardware and connections I could access the video transmitter menu and change band, channel and power, everything without problem.
Below the related parameters in hwdef.dat file:

SERIAL_ORDER OTG1 USART6 USART2 UART5 UART4 EMPTY

PA0 UART4_TX UART4
PA1 UART4_RX UART4

The DATA pin on the video transmitter board is connected to TX4 (this works in Betaflight).

Parameters list:

SERIAL4_BAUD 4
SERIAL4_OPTIONS 4
SERIAL4_PROTOCOL 37

VTX_ENABLE 1

Tried different values for VTX_BAND, CHANNEL, ETC

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Hi!

I’m also trying to install ardupilot firmware onto a skystars f405 hd2 board. Did you compile the firmware or used a pre-compiled file? In that case, which target did you use?

Thanks!