Sky Viper v2450 GPS Target Clearance $53 -also on Amazon

That’s really an incredible price! Txs for the post!

I sure hope so. @tridge’s development has slowed to an absolute crawl. FCC approval was over a month ago. So they are certainly in the manufacturing phase. Also, they were building a new Skyviper app to control the Journey, so that may be what is holding up shipment to stores. The last app had wasn’t great (though it worked). Hopefully the new one will be awesome.

I check this site about every other week to see if there are any changes.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sky-Viper-Journey-GPS-Streaming-Video-Drone/648591391

Tridge has been a lot quieter than I saw when the 2450GPS was being talked up in the dev calls back in october. So, my guess is there is a pretty lengthy NDA involved…also he’s super busy all the time.

Bought one at that price then two days later for $43. Wife had $10 discount that worked for me.

and . . . . it comes with a 90 day warranty . . . how can you go wrong?
Enjoy!

lol good luck with that warranty. At least with Target, you can take it back if you find it has issues, unlike those who bought the ones from ToysRUs on clearance.

This raises a new question, for me: How to copy parameters to new SV? Is there a file via webserver app? Could just set parameters on the new SV by hand but that’s not complicated enough. These topics are helpful. But is there a tutorial?

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/mission-planner-use-with-2-tricopters-and-one-quad/2784/6

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/copying-parameters-to-new-autopilot/15580/2

Just saw that Amazon.com also has the v2450 GPS for $53. Crazy that it costs less than the non-GPS version. My son actually wants the regular v2450 b/c of the 1-touch stunts.
http://a.co/jlbB3J7

The 2450 can do stunts as well. You just have to set a button to it. Also, it’s a good idea to adjust the parameters since they weren’t setup for stunts. You can do all this on the APWeb Flight parameters page.

If you don’t change the parameters then you need to ensure you have at LEAST 100 ft before pressing the buttons. The default values are not very fast. I recommend changing these before attempting. But it does work. Conversly, if you get even better, you can start to play with the ACRO parameters and can actually fly as flip. That’s a lot more fun!..and nerve racking lol.

Here are some parameters to change.

flip params

FLIP_RAMP_CD 500
FLIP_RAMP_MS 350
FLIP_ROT_RATE 3000
FLIP_ACCEL_MAX 3000

Here are the explanations for each parameter

Always, be ready to press the power button to cut the motors off in case of a crash, to save your motors. Other than that, you probably can’t hurt the SV2450 too much. have fun!

1 Like

Thanks so much for this info. I had seen this video of someone trying in acro mode, but I don’t think they had changed the flight parameters. I might have to go ahead and order another one from Amazon, as I’ll likely bang up my original one pretty good trying to learn. But I got the $10 credit from Whole Foods as part of the Prime Day promotion, so that’ll bring it down to $43. Hard to pass that up.

1 Like

You’ll have to forgive me b/c I’m still quite new to Ardupilot, but I don’t see the flip parameters anywhere in the flight params. I believe I’m on the latest firmware.

On that flight parameters page there is a drop down at the top. Switch it to All and then use the search field and type FLIP_

They should appear

You can also use Mission Planner for configuration if you are more familiar with that. It’s typically what I use for these purposes.

Yeah, I unfiltered and showed all, but I had no flight parameters beginning
with FLIP.

Parameter units for the SV are as noted here, right?

Although I haven’t yet found the specific parameters to tweak the flips, performance in flip mode wasn’t too bad. I’ll mess around with mission planner and see if they appear.

1 Like

Well not exactly. The FLIP parameters were added by the SV build. I don’t think the wiki has those parameters added.
I’ve been busy all day so I don’t have time to look it up on my SV sorry…they gotta be in there somewhere…

Ok my bad. Those flip parameters were added to the new sky vipers. I don’t know which parameters control the flip speed prior to those… Sorry. It might be the acro parameters… @rmackay9? Do you know which parameters affect flip mode?

I guess those flip parameters are, as @lordneeko says, only in the skyviper build so I’m not really aware of what they do. We have a wiki page here which describes the parameters for master/Copter-3.6.

Oh ok, did the flip mode not even exist before the SV?

Possibly a topic for another thread: Has anyone tried flying multiple SVs at once? After Target slashed the price, I now have three SVs (one with a wonky prop spindle I repaired after a crash…). Also velcroed lights to two of them. Now hoping to fly all together on similar waypoints at stepped altitudes, at dusk. This thread touches on it. Are there others? Voice of experience, anyone? If I learn anything from my attempts I will start a new topic.