SIYI A8 mini over Ethernet without Airunit

Hello everyone!
I’m starting this thread to explore the possibility of using the SIYI A8 mini camera connected via Ethernet to a Raspberry Pi, and streaming video using 4G internet. This approach could potentially extend the transmission range and offer a more cost-effective solution, as it wouldn’t require purchasing an Airunit like the HM30. I’ve searched but haven’t found any similar projects or information about someone successfully connecting the SIYI A8 or ZR10 solely via Ethernet. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

It is completely possible, since all you need on the camera side is to receive RTSP stream and send it further through LTE.
I’m just not sure it’s going be a cost-effective solution, since HM30 is quite cheap (under $300 for a set) and for LTE link you gonna need a Raspberry PI ($50), a decent LTE modem (another $50), some hardware on the ground side with LTE capabilities etc.

Anyways, feel free to check my free software which is already working over LTE: SokilLink Cloud: Plug-and-play drone control and video streaming over LTE

It doesn’t support SIYI cameras yet, but an A8 Mini is already laying on my shelf for a couple of months so I’m going to add support for it eventually.