SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

Hi Rolf,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

The latest A8 mini firmware have fixed the recording issue. Kindly have a try.
https://siyi.biz/en/index.php?id=downloads&asd=22

We wil answer to rest of issues a bit later.

Best regards,
Frank

1 Like

Thanks Frank,
just installed the latest A8 camera-, gimbal-, SIYI-FPV- and SIYi-QGC firmware. Unfortunately the weather here is too bad to fly right now, but on the workbench all worked fine. I was very pleased to see that you have finally organized the folder structure clearly: One DCIM folder containing a folder for movies and another for photos. Super.
Screenshot 2024-05-27 190517

Rolf

1 Like

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to set RC_OPTION (or Mount?) to toogle between horizontal and down view with UART connection? It is called ā€œTurn Downā€ in CH Config and it worked for me with SBUS connection. Pitch, yaw, zoom, pitcture and video triggers are working correctly, but I canā€™t find any information about switching camera positions via UART.

The ONVIF streaming will make a lot of sense, since I am planning on using the LattePanda Delta, running Ubuntu as a Companion Computer on my plane.

I have now tried out the latest Gimbal/A8 firmware in Follow Yaw and FPV modes on a fixed-wing aircraft:

I still think the equalization of the lens is great. The problem of an even slightly tilted horizon would have to be solved, if necessary with the option of being able to adjust gimbal-roll manually. From the point of view of a fixed-wing pilot, the rotation around the vertical axis should be better adapted to the rotation of the aircraft. I find the good compression rate of the 4k recordings commendable compared to other systems. My subjective impression.

Rolf

Thanks very much for your comments, Rolf

The video seems not playing on my side. Is it possible that we can also have a YouTube link, please?

This link should work: MagentaCLOUD

Rolf

@SIYI my gimbal is shaking / vibrating since I updated to the newest firmware. Recalibration does not help! How can I download older firmware and flash it to the camera?

The shaking / vibrations occur when certain gimbal angles are reached. But not every time and not always at the same angle. Its random but its always happening when the gimbal is moving. Either by command or by automatic balancing.

I have attached a video:

Hi there,
you can downgrade to any firmware just the same way you upgrade.
I do have almost all firmwares for the A8, just tell me which one you need and Iā€™ll put it up somewhere for you.

HTH,
Wolferl

@Wolferl This would be so great!. Letā€™s start with the first one which was the one it came with. 0.1.6 also 0.2.1 would be good to check.

I donā€™t have 0.1.6 archived.

Hereā€™s 0.1.7, the oldest I have:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/rghlv3lr64x4i2ss4365r/ACOzr6lHlYp1jfkj9CfzcQk?rlkey=dws2n5obs1dn3qg79b1351ji2&st=yuieer90&dl=0

hereā€™s 0.2.1:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/yu484oae5vgi5yib5ndon/AJK0zIqgyscSdCwBOpyqONw?rlkey=kyjtbf0si4y6lx1sg02k5ljgr&st=hslj976v&dl=0

Let me know if it works that way.

HTH,
Wolferl

1 Like

@Wolferl can you also give me the corresponding gimbal firmware to it? I think its the gimbal firmware which is broken. Thank you so much for your work!

Have a look at the directories. They have the gimbal firmware and the ā€œSIYI_4K_MINI_UpgradeSD.binā€ file for it, which should not be renamed.
It is all there!

HTH,
Wolferl

@Wolferl Wolfgang you are my hero of the day! 0.2.8 gimbal with 0.2.1 camera works without any problems.

Feel hugged!

Btw. this is the kind of stuff that archive.org is made for. Maybe check them out and host the collection for everyone.

Thanks again. I was already expecting that my cam is damaged.

2 Likes

Hi,
Well, Frank (SIYI support) wouldnā€™t be too happy about that, I suppose :grinning:

Glad your A8 works now!
Wolferl

1 Like

Thank you very much, Wolfgang
You are my hero, too

1 Like

Hey all,

I have a question about the connectors on the A8 Mini. Most of the connectors appear to be JST-GH 1.25 pins and housings, what is the connector housing and pin type of the power input?

Closest Iā€™ve found is JST ZH 1.5 terminals and ZHR-4 housings, anyone have any experience repairing or building connectors/wires for the power input to the gimbal?

TIA

-GreaseMonkey

The A8 mini power connector is also GH1.25 but without bucket

Could you clarify a bit what you mean by this? I have GH 1.25 housings and female terminals but none of them look like the connector housing or the crimps on the A8 mini

That is, could you be more specific which model JST GH 1.25 female terminal you are referring to?
The ones I have on hand are the SSHL-002T-P0.2 pins, and the size is generally correct but the end contact flanges are not as tall.

This is the GH spec I am referring to:

The power input connector from the XT90 to gimbal does not look like this GH 1.25 spec sheet, thus my confusion.

The model number the terminal and connector look most like are the ZH style:

Power connector is a Molex PicoBlade one