SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

Hi Rolf,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

The latest A8 mini firmware have fixed the recording issue. Kindly have a try.
https://siyi.biz/en/index.php?id=downloads&asd=22

We wil answer to rest of issues a bit later.

Best regards,
Frank

1 Like

Thanks Frank,
just installed the latest A8 camera-, gimbal-, SIYI-FPV- and SIYi-QGC firmware. Unfortunately the weather here is too bad to fly right now, but on the workbench all worked fine. I was very pleased to see that you have finally organized the folder structure clearly: One DCIM folder containing a folder for movies and another for photos. Super.
Screenshot 2024-05-27 190517

Rolf

1 Like

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to set RC_OPTION (or Mount?) to toogle between horizontal and down view with UART connection? It is called “Turn Down” in CH Config and it worked for me with SBUS connection. Pitch, yaw, zoom, pitcture and video triggers are working correctly, but I can’t find any information about switching camera positions via UART.

The ONVIF streaming will make a lot of sense, since I am planning on using the LattePanda Delta, running Ubuntu as a Companion Computer on my plane.

I have now tried out the latest Gimbal/A8 firmware in Follow Yaw and FPV modes on a fixed-wing aircraft:

I still think the equalization of the lens is great. The problem of an even slightly tilted horizon would have to be solved, if necessary with the option of being able to adjust gimbal-roll manually. From the point of view of a fixed-wing pilot, the rotation around the vertical axis should be better adapted to the rotation of the aircraft. I find the good compression rate of the 4k recordings commendable compared to other systems. My subjective impression.

Rolf

Thanks very much for your comments, Rolf

The video seems not playing on my side. Is it possible that we can also have a YouTube link, please?

This link should work: MagentaCLOUD

Rolf