SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

Has anyone consistently gotten the Low voltage warning on the A8 even when powered by 4S? It’s strange, I’ll get that warning every time on 4S power, but not on 3S - I’m powering the gimbal/camera via the HM30 air unit harness. @SIYI

I’ve finally figured this out. The “Auto Record” option set in SiYI assistant doesn’t work if you have the A8 Mini connected to an AP. I connected to the AP for pan/tilt commands, but even if I don’t have a record switch set up, this makes the Auto Record not effective (or randomly not effective).
So I set up a switch and when I flip to record/stop recording works seamlessly. The downside is I have to remember to flip the switch.

I’d much prefer to be able to set Auto Record - not set any record switch on the AP and have the camera record whenever it’s powered on. I can always delete videos I don’t need, I can’t magically create videos where forgot to flip a switch.

2 Likes

I think there is feature in AP 4.5.0 that when you arm the drone record will start and disarm will stop the record off you don’t need dedicated switch for this .
@rmackay9 please confirm this!

@kalai1219 @timtuxworth,

Yes, that’s right. CAM1_OPTIONS can be used to start recording video when the vehicle is armed. This has also been added to the camera controls wiki page … not that I’m expecting everyone has read every line of every wiki page but FYI and for future reference.

5 Likes

Oh that’s brilliant - I forgot to flip the switch today - and no video. I’ll look it up now. Thank you!

1 Like

Is this in Beta 2? I just did a test on the bench, arming did not record.

Not sure if it makes a difference, I have my Siyi Cam on CAM2, so set CAM2_OPTIONS = 1

Hello community, we are using 3 A8 mini cameras in one system. They were running just fine all the time. We bought the cameras in February 2023 with the firmware which was new to that date, don`t know which exactly it was. We updated to the last firmware about 3 weeks ago. The camera for example has the firmware 0.2.3. Since the updates the hole system is not working at all. We would like to downgrade to the old firmware. Can somebody help here with older firmware versions for gimbals and cameras.
The Siyi support ist garbage and not helping us at all respectively is ghosting us. They release such bad updates and don´t feel to correct mistakes.
If you want to work with more than one camera I can not recommend using Siyi hardware!!

Hi @timtuxworth,

Sorry, I was meaning to ping you about this. I discovered an AP bug in the CAMx_OPTIONS and while I’ve now fixed it, the fix was too late to make it into beta2. It will be included in beta3 in a week or so.

Hi Ken,

Not sure where you were getting support, but my suggestion is to stay with SIYI support directly and send us a new message, you will get an assigned engineer for this issue in priority.

Our support is very overwhelming these days, I am trying to not let every single issue from every single customer be ignored, but sometimes it is just impossible.

Your problem does not look difficult to me. Even if it was a product issue, we can go with a quick RMA suggestion. Don’t worry.

Best regards,
Frank

@derKen: I have archived some of the old A8 firmware packs. February 2023 looks like version 0.1.8
Dropbox

HTH

@Wolferl : Thank’s a lot!

@Siyi: You were the one who opened a WhatsApp group with us and one of your engineers, who requested videos that I promptly created and sent. Despite weeks of inquiry, I have received no response. I’m reaching out here to inquire why the old (working) firmware and software haven’t been provided?

Best regards,
Ken

1 Like

Good afternoon.
We have:
Cube Orange
Here link Airunit HX4 v1.1
Herelink controller HX4
A8 mini gimbal camera (latest firmware)
After connecting, everything worked well, the camera image over ethernet showed almost no delay until airunit was updated from version AU01220917 to version AU01230714. After that, the airunit began to heat up very much and the camera stopped showing via ethernet, it still works via HDMI. There was another airunit, with firmware AU01220917, everything also works well on it. It turns out that the case is in the new airunita firmware. How do I get the old firmware back? I have not found this information anywhere on the web.

Is there a driver in PX4 firmware for doing autonomous camera survey configuration? also how to do the wiring connection for that?

Hello friends, can anyone help guide me on how to setup button to control cam trigger? how should i map/assign the button to work when pressed to take a picture. i am using the Logitec gamepad, Matek 405WTE, Siyi A8 mini and Ardupilot Mission planner. I can control gimbal and zoom using the gamepad gimbals. Thankyou.

We have been ghosted too, lol.

1 Like

I hope you’re all doing well!

I want to connect the SIYI A8 mini to jetson nano explore the possibilities of image processing and computer vision.

However, I don’t know when it comes to actually connecting the Siyi A8 Mini camera to the Jetson Nano. While I’ve done some research, I haven’t been able to find a straightforward guide or tutorial on how to make this connection.

If anyone has experience connecting the Siyi A8 Mini camera to the Jetson Nano or has any insights on how to do so, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

A8 mini Firmware Update Log

2024-03-07

• Camera Firmware: 0.3.4
  • Gimbal Firmware: 0.3.6
  • SIYI FPV Android: 2.5.15.696
  • SIYI FPV Windows: 0.0.6
  • SIYI PC Assistant: 1.4.0

Detail:

1. New: AI following function (only for SIYI AI tracking module and multi-rotor drones)
  2. New: Adapt to Mavlink protocol control and support the integration of PX4 flight controller attitude data
  3. New: Support SIYI FPV (Windows) version
  4. New: SIYI Assistant support adjust gimbal following speed
  5. New: SIYI gimbal SDK supports obtaining attitude data from external devices for flight controller integration
  6. New: Nose mode.
  7. New: Video recording support Mavlink data OSD and turning on / off.
  8. Improve: HDMI / CVBS video output is changed to dynamic switch.
  9. New: SIYI Gimbal SDK supports formatting SD card
  10. New: SIYI Gimbal SDK supports gimbal soft restarting.
  11. New: SIYI Gimbal SDK supports gimbal single axis attitude control.
  12. New: SIYI Gimbal SDK supports acquiring GPS data and making correction.
  13. New: SIYI Gimbal SDK supports acquiring UTC time and acquiring UT time sent from gimbal.
  14. New: SIYI gimbal SDK supports obtaining GPS information and adding it to photo EXIF format
  15. New: Support DCIM standard file system and EXIF information format

https://siyi.biz/en/index.php?id=downloads&asd=22

5 Likes

An update on recording with the A8 Mini - still having challenges. I flew 3 flights yesterday and only ended up with video for the last flight. It seems like videos are starting from 0000 each time the camera powers up, so when I flip the “record” switch, it overwrites any videos already on the card from previous “power ups”.

I started with a brand new formatted card right out of the package. Flew one flight and checked after the flight that it had recorded - I even watched the video on my laptop at the field, then put the SD card back in the A8 mini. Then I flew 2 more flights. When I checked the card after flight #3, there was only one video - the last flight. The video I had watched earlier was gone and there was no video from flight #2 .

This was a 32G SD card - it was no-where close to full. Oh and running the very latest Camera firmware 0.2.4 and Gimbal firmware 0.3.6

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I would like to download the latest version of the A8mini firmware, but I can only download the old version on my computer. I would appreciate it if someone could share it with me. Thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

Hi @SIYI

I have a mateksys H743-mini and connected the A8 to my FC via UART (serial2). The gimbal should be stabilised by the FC if the attitude changes, right? It should also be able to move using MAVLink commands given by QGC such as SET_MOUNT_ORIENTATION? Correct? None seem to work for me.