SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

Hi @Aliens,

We’ve fixed up AP’s driver in master (aka “latest”, aka “DEV”) and the fix will be included in an upcoming release. For Copter that will definitely be in 4.3.2 and for Plane it will probably be 4.3.2 as well although there is a small chance that it may be as late as 4.3.3.

By the way, you can test the fix yourself by loading “latest” onto the autopilot if you’d like. Go to MP’s firmware install screen and press Ctrl-Q. The version numbers below the icons should update to 4.4.0-DEV… then click the icon as you normally would.

Txs for the report.

2 Likes

Hi @rmackay9
This is great… However, I will use the camera for Quadplane… So, is the driver (updated driver) also available for Quadplane?
I appreciate your advice…
Thank you

Hi @ton999,

QuadPlanes use the Plane software and they all share the same driver so hopefully Plane-4.3.2 or worst case 4.3.3 will arrive with a working driver for the A8.

But when I use arduplane v4.4.0dev version has also some problems that the ardupilot cannot connect to A8 gimbal. The problem as I described.
@rmackay9

Hi @rmackay9
Thank you for your quick response… How about the Siyi ZR10 camera driver? Is it also same as the A8 (updated driver)?
Tks

It is the same driver. A8 mini just don’t have some feature of ZR10 like focus

1 Like

@Aliens,

How recently was Plane-4.4.0-DEV installed on the autopilot? Master (aka “latest”) actually changes every day so you’d need to have loaded it within the last week to receive the fixed version. If the autopilot has been updated to “latest” within the past week then could you post an onboard log file so I can have a peek? It might be best to set LOG_DISARMED = 1 so that it produces a log file even while the vehicle is disarmed.

@ton999,

The Siyi ZR10 should work fine with Copter 4.3.1. If you’re using Plane though you’ll need 4.3.2 which hasn’t been released yet but should go out within the next week.

Hello Frank and thank you my A8 has arrived and looks a very well engineered gimbal.

I no Randy has done a lot of work to get this to work with Cube Orange and thank you.

My intention is to mount this on my Hexsoon 450 with Cube Orange and HereLink, my question to my learned friends is it able to get the video feed coming from the gimbal to the Herelink handset.

Many thank’s and happy Xmas

Based on the characteristics you have 2 options, you can use the hdmi out and feed it in the herelink air unit or put an ethernet dongle on the herelink airunit and connect the gimbal trough ip, than on MP or QGC you get the video pointing at the gimbal ip address (must be on 192.168.144.x network) using RTSP://camera_ip/…

p.s. if you have a V1.1 herelink air unit you don’t need an ethernet usb dongle since V1.1 has an ethernet port to plug the camera directly.

1 Like

Thank you only got a V1 air unit so will try with that really loking forward to getting this up and running

First thing, try hdmi.

1 Like

Thanks MshUav, will do just reading manual now.

Hi@MshUav,done the easy bit got the HDMI on the A8 talking with HereLink and video working good,got lot’s to do make assembly to fit gimbal on my beloved Hexsoon 450,then figure out gimbal/sbus controls for A8 and finally get it talking with mission planner so a few days enjoyment ahead,just love this hobby,ardupilot and all the devs and others that contribute on here thank you all.

1 Like

Thanks for the information
Can I have a live video with a lower quality at the same time as the record?

You can switch between 720p and 1080p for stream video quality and you also have an option to turn off recording.

1 Like

@rmackay9 Thank you. I load the lasted arduplane_v4.4.0_DEV firmware (date of version: Dec 7th). The flightcontrollor connect the SiyiA8 succeed. When I set the MNT1_RC_RATE to 90 or other Non-zero value (using the angle rate control), the gimbal worked well.
But there are some problems when I set the MNT1_RC_RATE to 0 (just using angle control), the gimbal yaw rotate to one side of the limit and stoped here, and the camera shake at pitch aix constantly. And the gimbal does not have any respone about RC.

Hi @Aliens,

Thanks for the report. I have my A8 working today so I can check myself. The most common problem we see though is the RCx_TRIM parameters are not set correctly. They need to be 1500. I’m thinking of either removing this requirement or adding an arming check to make sure people figure out the problem quickly. So could you check the RCx_TRIM parameters for the channels being used?

EDIT: I’ve just checked the angle control with my A8 and it seems ok so I strongly suspect the issue is the RCx_TRIM as mentioned above. If that doesn’t work, could you provide an onboard log? … or maybe a parameter file would be sufficient.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing User Manual and your descriptions
It looks great and useful.

1 Like

Dear Mr Randy,you cannot please all of the people all of the time,I really like this A8 and wondering ifit would be possible to get the OSD on it,I no im a bloody pest but if you dont ask you dont get,many thanks in advance

Your right @MartyMcFly …there gimbal functions are looking good by SIYI and @rmackay9 works added to the gimbal to even getting good performance by ardupilot user .

But still its missing is OSD functions on it.when we analyse or post process the recorded video it should have the osd functions to ensure the what the flight mode ,flight battery,uav location lat,long,and battery remaining,pitch and yaw current angle of the camera (looking angle) to know the current gimbal position.
Current zoom position etc…

1 Like