SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

Does anyone know if I can access the SD card of the A8 mini camera while flying? I can obviously use an SD card reader to access it while the drone is not flying. However, it would be best for me to set a serial connection between the SIYI a8 mini camera and a Rasberry Pi and access the SD card from there. I connected the camera with my laptop using the USB-C port, but the SD card didn’t show up. TIA

Same for A8 mini

Any solution the the horizon tilt problem?

The camera works smoothly, but we are facing a problem to which we are not able to find any solution. The gimbal starts tilting along the roll axis overtime in the flight, and eventually the horizon tilts. The gimbal needs to be reset to the mid position. After some times, the tilt begins again.

1 Like

I assume that you are using ArduPilot control, right?

No, Its just the SIYI A8 mini camera connected to the MK15 Air unit via ethernet connection. And S-BUS input taken from the air unit

Then please follow the instruction here.

1 Like

I am getting this error.
Screenshot from 2023-11-02 13-24-34
Screenshot from 2023-11-02 13-23-48

Hi Suyash!

We’re having exactly the same issue, super annoying. Please, if you get any fix for that, let us know.

@ulfbogdawa @thiagolages

1 Like

Hello @SIYI,

I am using the A8 Mini. I was hoping to find a way to capture 4K videos and photos over the ethernet via rtsp. Currently I am only getting a 720p stream over the default rtsp url. Is there a way to get 4K over ethernet currently ?

Best,
Saurav

Did you get this working?

Nope. Still have the same issue.

Obrigado.

Estou usando tudo isto para pressionar…

Yes sure, Will try integrating the mavlink data to the camera as suggested by the SIYI support and see if the problem is solved.

That only for Siyi App FPV display, not for camera.
Any body have Camera Firmware 1.8? We need to back to old version without Recording OSD. Thanks!

hi @rmackay9

I’m testing the A8 gimbal on a fix-wing plane with the Ardupilot SDK library.
When the gimbal operates in Point to Here mode, I noticed that the gimbal frequently switches between Lock and Follow modes. After looking at the library source code, I found that there is a code that allows switching modes if autopilot cant read response from gimbal (200ms timeout). And this happens often. It seems like this is a trick to restore the gimbal’s working.
I’m very surprised because this problem has been around for a long time and it seems Siyi has no intention of fixing this bug. @SIYI

1 Like

Running the latest firmware?

Hi nacy,

I do have archived A8 mini Camera Firmware v0.1.8 svn535 23-2-4
Do you need a Gimbal Firmware also? Which one?

Cheers,
Wolferl

That’s right, the latest gimbal firmware, I will provide a more detailed analysis tomorrow.

It’s good to have both, thank you very much.

Hi Nacy,

There you go:
A8 mini firmwares v0.1.8

Cheers,
Wolferl

1 Like