SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

Hi @thiagolages I could not find the C++ SDK, where did you find it?

Can you share it please?

Also it would be great to be in touch more closely and share our findings, what do you guys think of creating a discord channel?

Hi @ddomit , Iā€™ve read the camera docs and created my own code to control the camera.

Since you asked, I just recently created a GitHub repo to share with you guys some really handy control commands: GitHub - thiagolages/A8mini-gimbal-camera-control: Code for SIYI's A8 mini Gimbal Camera. Allows yaw/pitch control, as well as Auto Center, Zoom, etc.

There are several other commands, but main ones we currently use are:

• Auto Centering
  • Rotate Up
  • Rotate Down
  • Rotate Right
  • Rotate Left
  • Stop rotation
  • Zoom +1
  • Zoom -1

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

This is great, if you dont mind well fork it and add some features!

2 Likes

Would you mind writing to support@siyi.biz with a video and necessary information, please? Then our team can directly see your issues and working on it, thanks

I had emailed too. Got no response.

When I set 1080p stream, I save and it get back to 720pā€¦ā€¦

There is firmware update to fix this issue ?

What is your current firmware version?

Hi @SIYI , thanks for the reply.

Iā€™ve sent a very detailed email with photos, videos, FW version, powering scheme and a complete report.

Hope this is enough to try and solve the issues weā€™re having.

Thanks.

Got your email, thanks
Your sales representative will reach to the issue asap.

1 Like

I have bought a SIYI a8 mini camera. However, it didnā€™t come with the manual, and in the online manual, I found that it can be powered by 4s. In other documentation from ardupilot, I found it can be powered by 6s. So, can I use 6s to power it?

If it is one of the 1st models of the A8 only 4s,the newest ones accept 6s

1 Like

Thanks @MartyMcFly. I have bought it 15 days ago. Hopefully, it will work with 6s. One more question is, does it have support for PX4 as well or just for ardupilot? I havenā€™t found any documentation regarding this.

1 Like

If you have a look on SIYI facebook page im sure some one is running it on PX4=QGC hope this helps

1 Like

The latest manual can be downloaded here.
https://siyi.biz/en/index.php?id=downloads&asd=22

1 Like

A8 mini Update Log

SIYI FPV App Update Log

https://siyi.biz/en/index.php?id=downloads&asd=22

3 Likes

Thank you,Frank and the Team@SIYI

1 Like

Hi @ddomit,

Re adding the vehicle location to the pictures using EXIF data, this is not yet supported. The Siyi SDK simply doesnā€™t yet provide a way for us to send the vehicle location to the camera at least when using the custom serial interface (e.g. MNT1_TYPE=8/Siyi).

Siyiā€™s website suggests that a MAVLink interface can also be used (e.g. MNT1_TYPE = 4/SToRM32 MAVLink) but at least from the ArduPilot point of view, this is not the recommended method. The current Siyi MAVLink interface is very simple and does not allow AP to control many features of the camera gimbal.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @rmackay9. Technically it is possible to do it right? Its just that the SDK needs to add that functionality?

Do you mind explaning @SIYI how to implement this? I think there is interest to do it, its just not clear how to. Right @SIYI ?

Thank you both! If i can help in any way please let me know!

2 Likes

Dear SIYI,

We are planning to use A8 mini for an important product of our company, the testing process went smoothly, however there is a small problem that we donā€™t want to see the SIYI logo on the OSD (both HDMI & CVBS). Can you provide us a firmware version without OSD overlay (we donā€™t need the recording information), or an option to toggle the OSD on and off.

1 Like

There is a setting for this in the SiYi FPV app.