SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

Thank you Dougie for thay,im a day older and wiser,cheers.

Are you scotish by any chance with Dougie name

@SIYI Any word on the wrong date and GEOTAG?

Since I updated the SIYI A8 Mini “camera” from v0.1.9 to v0.2.2, I cannot change the setting to network output. It gets reset to “CVBS” every time.

Anyone using IP for this camera? It was working fine before.
If anyone can share the v0.1.9 firmware, that would be great too! Thanks!

1 Like

Friends, perhaps someone has encountered this problem already, my A8 mini does not record video to the SD card. inside the card there are only folders A B C D and inside them there are 4 MB files " .free " format
Class 10 card formatted FAT32

2 Likes

@SIYI , can you share the firmware please?

Hi Andrey,

My A8 does the exact same thing. Half of the time, it refuses to record video. SIYI has still a lot of homework to do .

Cheers.

1 Like

I want to make a Small compact video drone using SIYI A8 mini camera, Can anybody suggest a good Drone frame for this application. Now I’m using Holybro X500 V2 Frame , but the size is very big, I want to drastically reduce the Drone Size.

1 Like

Watching with interest

1 Like

??? @SIYI Please dont leave us stranded, we are putting our trust in you!

does this work for ardurover yet?

How exactly do you try to control pitch and yaw?

Please have a try with the latest firmware.

First thing, are both camera and gimbal firmware updated?

Yes we did Frank. Why can you not just share the firmware? We tried contacting you from everywhere, this was urgent.
Can you please share the firmware?

2 Likes

@SIYI I find very good that you force the users to update the firmware and provide no path for downgrade.

It is very annoying to answer support questions for bugs that have been fixed in newer firmware versions. Educating the users to always use the latest versions is good for everyone, developers and users.

That said… you must start releasing more often.
You have a lot of users that would love that.

3 Likes

I am late getting in on this but here is my story: I started out with just an A8 and a stretched Tarot 650 Sport with a Pixhawk 2.4.8 running Arducopter. RC controler was a FrSky Tandem X20 running ETHOS and Yaapu telemetry. My previous gimbal was a Storm32 with a GoPro Hero 3+ Black. I had wired the camera for analog FPV. I also had a MavLink OSD running MWOSD. I have been at this for quite a while but that A8 literally kicked my butt. I could get control of the gimbal via RC and MavLink targeting, but no matter what I did I could not get control of the camera. I even went so far as to switch from AC and MP to Px4 and QGC and nothing changed. Not being one to completely throw in the towel I bit the bullet and bought an SiYi MK32 Hand Held GCS with a dual Air Unit. The Mk32 runs Android and a custom version of QGC. Because of my lack of experience with the Mk32 and Px4 the change over took a while, but I am happy to report that I now have full control and functionality of the drone, camera, and gimbal. I believe the key to this issue is that SiYi uses a “closed” ecosystem that is built around QGC and Px4. To be completely honest, I did try using AC and the Android version of MP with the Mk32, but owing to screen size and resolution, Android MP was completely unuseable.

2 Likes

Hi Frank, I updated to the latest firmware last week.

I followed the instructions on Siyi Gimbal page on AP site.
MNT1_TYPE = 8
RC9_OPTION = 213
RC10_OPTION = 214
RC11_OPTION = 167

On Herelink, C button click set to SBUS Ch 9, D button set to SBUS Ch 10, wheel set to SBUS Ch 11. Zoom works but not pitch and yaw. Tried Aux Function on Mission Planner also and didn’t work.

Thanks.

In my opinion, it is abnormal that an available function in the old firmware does not work in the latest firmware, I need necessary communication to know what happened.
Simply sharing the old firmware is quick but we may bypass a possibly important issue.

2 Likes

@oldgazer1 @Dougie
It will be easier for you to use SIYI gimbal with native Ardupilot, Mavlink, QGC in some time. Our team is working intimately with all mentioned developers to get a smooth compability in the ecosystem. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Hi Frank @SIYI ,

Any news from gimbal tilting problems? We’re still experiencing loss of heading.

We’ve tried the attitude control present on manual v1.5 and it didn’t work.

We’ve tried controlling the gimbal using RC channels, and now we’re doing it via the C++ SDK, via UDP, with only an ethernet cable connected to it.

Nothing else seems to be working.

Any possible FW updates coming?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Still available for a discussion and debugging session with our team to find and solve the root cause. Thanks.

2 Likes