SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

nothing changed - please see my post with pictures few posts above which describes my problems - still the same symptoms - yaw and pith only move half way, record and zoom does not work at all.

sorry - after changing recording formar from 4k to HD both zoom and record works ,

so only the pitch and yaw range/angle limita is the remaing issue

thanks

Then please summarize the information and email to support@siyi.biz

1 Like

Hi @maciek01,

I’m not sure what, “mavlink/telemetry mode” means. Is this the Siyi suggested setup where MNT1_TYPE = 4 (SToRM32 MAVLink)? If “yes” then I don’t think this method should ever be used actually because all it does is pass the RC through to the gimbal via MAVLink. AP has no way to control the gimbal so the payload screen, point-camera-here feature, etc won’t work.

Personally I always recommend using the setup described on the wiki.

1 Like

Thank you @rmackay9 . yes that is what i meant (serialX_proto=2 - mavlink 2)
I thought it was required in order to take advantage of AC attitude assist with the floating horizon issue (sr1_extra1=50hz).

Since it was not working at all for me, i reverted back to proto 8 (gimbal).
THis is where i am struggling to get the full range of moton on the tilt and pan sliders on my radio. I thought there maybe soem AC related workaround i was not aware of. Weirdly the ‘payload control’ tab allows the full range of motion using the sliders on the tab.

to be specific, my mnt1_rc_rate is 0 to enagle angle and not rate cotntrol

thanks
Maciek

Please don’t miss this post

2 Likes

@SIYI thanks. how do i update camera FW? Put in at the root of the SD card?

Also is the AC master safe to fly?

Lastly mnt1_rc_rate = 90 doesnt work for me - gimbal doesnt move.
the onyl value that makes it move is 0 - angle mode. in here as i described in previous post the angle range is limited.

@maciek01,

I think it would be good to check the RCx_MIN, TRIM and MAX values for the channels being used to control the gimbal. It’s all guesswork without a log of course but …

1 Like

Thanks @rmackay9 , i will fly some tomorrow

is trim suposed to be in a halfway point? I will do nother radio calib too. right now mine are:

RC11_DZ,0
RC11_MAX,2000
RC11_MIN,999
RC11_OPTION,213
RC11_REVERSED,0
RC11_TRIM,999
RC12_DZ,0
RC12_MAX,2000
RC12_MIN,999
RC12_OPTION,214
RC12_REVERSED,0
RC12_TRIM,999

these worked fine for my old gimbal - the storm.

cheers

@rmackay9 @SIYI - yes my problem with tilt/pan was the trim. settgin to 1500 fixed the motion range problems - thanks!

1 Like

@maciek01,

Great. This happens enough that I did add a comment in the wiki but perhaps we need a more obvious warning and/or pre-arm check.

1 Like

Here is a video guide

1 Like

Does the camera outputs a RTSP stream over ETH or a custom proprietary video stream?
I want to connect it to a PC using my home network and ETH and see if I can play the live video stream.

The camera has a standard stream available at rtsp://192.168.144.25:8554/main.264

We set up many drones and rovers with this camera, and the fact that you can also send commands through web API (protocol described in the manual) is very helpful in network-operated systems.

2 Likes

I can’t find a reference to the Web Api in the manual, can you tell me the page number?

I think you are talking about 3.3.6 Advanced Guide for SIYI Gimbal SDK Integration on page 40 is that right?

Same for A8 mini
https://siyi.biz/en/index.php?id=downloads&asd=602

Why is this not in the A8 Mini manual? The 1.5 version on the A8 Mini page does not have a section 3.3.7.

1 Like

There will be an update to all user manuals this month

3 Likes

My A8 Mini doesn’t record reliably. I have it set to auto record. I flew 5 times in the past 3 days and I have 1 recording. Even if the green light is on, the A8 mini may not be recording and I don’t know until I get back home and check the SD card. Is there anything I can do about this?

1 Like

In what way do you try to control recording?
Is the unit in the latest firmware?