Set velocity target in body frame through Lua script in guided mode

Dear ArduPilot Community,

I’m trying to set a linear velocity target through Lua script in body frame.
What I’m trying to achieve is similar to the mavlink command SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED when the parameter “coordinate frame” is set to MAV_FRAME_BODY_OFFSET_NED (9).
I read the Lua Script documentation and I’ve found the function set_target_velocity_NED() in the vehicle library, but it doesn’t seem to be possible to set the reference frame.

I also thought to override the roll and pitch RC channels while in loiter mode through a script, I think it could work but I really don’t like this solution.

Is there a way to achieve this result in a more elegant way through Lua Script?

Are you using ArduCopter 4.5.0-dev?

Thanks for the fast reply @amilcarlucas, right now I’m using the last stable version available (4.4.0).
Is this achievable in the 4.5.0-dev? I’ve scrolled the docs.lua in the master branch, but I didn’t find any new functions about my issue.

Just transform your velocity target to earth frame. That shouldn’t be difficult…

Thanks for your suggestion @Yuri_Rage, I’ve thought about this, but I couldn’t find a way to move the copter along the y direction in body frame. After more tests in SITL I’ve just discovered that the parameter WP_YAW_BEHAVIOUR affects also the guided mode, so transforming the velocity target to earth frame could work with my application.