servo or throttle, only one works at a time.

Hello!

I’m using L298N motor driver for dc motor and a steering servo. I’ve loaded Rover 3.4.2 in Pixhawk 2.1.

When I set MOT_PWM_TYPE parameter to 0(normal) and on arming the steering servo responds to radio input but not the throttle.

Now when I set this parameter to 4(brushed bipolar) or 3(brushed with relay) with same connections, the motor works fine but servo doesn’t respond.

Overall, steering or throttle only one works at a time.

Please can anyone help me fix this issue?

1 Like

this may or may not be possible on master, the first thing to do it to make sure both outputs are not in the same group.

see: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/tree/master/libraries/AP_HAL_ChibiOS/hwdef/CubeBlack#pwm-output

Thanks for quick reply.

Since steering is on 1 and throttle on 3rd pin I think they are already in different group.
Are there any parameters which are related to this issue.

only MOT_PWM_TYPE, you could try one on main one on aux, but i think you may be out of luck.

@rmackay9 maybe you can advise

@iampete, thanks for the ping.

So there’s a normal servo that accepts a PWM input connected to the flight controller’s output channel 1 and a L298N connected to output 3? I think it’s quite possible that channels 1 and 3 are in the same output group. I think maybe moving steering to output channel 5 (or higher) may allow it to work.

Thanks for reply Randy and Peter.
It solved the issue.

1 Like